Insurance Renewal

Currently reading:
Insurance Renewal

Fang

Insurance R

I'd appreciate hearing what other Panda owners are being quoted for insurance renewal.

My wife has been quoted £345.46 for fully comp. on our 04 Panda Dynamic.
Two named drivers.
4000miles a year.
Used for domestic pleasure and commuting.
Max no claims.
Parked on street in South London.

It's increased by almost £100 from last year. How does it compare?

I pay £243 full comp, but I live in a small village in North Hampshire. Cities will always be costly due to more change of damage or theft.

I'd appreciate hearing what other Panda owners are being quoted for insurance renewal.

My wife has been quoted £345.46 for fully comp. on our 04 Panda Dynamic.
Two named drivers.
4000miles a year.
Used for domestic pleasure and commuting.
Max no claims.
Parked on street in South London.

It's increased by almost £100 from last year. How does it compare?

Hi Fang,

Not sure if you have already renewed or not, but my advice would be to spend 30min or so and just run through as many comparison sites as you can as a new customer.

Unless you are extremely unlucky, you should find a quote that beats your renewal price, and with any luck it will be with your current insurer. Each quote will have a reference number, so your insurer should (and I hasten to add should!) honour any cheaper deal.

Our car's renewal last year was for £590, up from £340!:eek:. I did the above and managed to get it back down to £360, there was no hassle from my insurer as they just honoured it.

I'd seriously recommend popping a date in your diary 4-6 weeks before renewal next year so that you can do your homework and get your prices. It's sad that you have to be quite so anal about these things but I can vouch it's better to spend 40mins doing that than p***** nearly £250 away!

Hi Fang,

Not sure if you have already renewed or not, but my advice would be to spend 30min or so and just run through as many comparison sites as you can as a new customer.

Unless you are extremely unlucky, you should find a quote that beats your renewal price, and with any luck it will be with your current insurer. Each quote will have a reference number, so your insurer should (and I hasten to add should!) honour any cheaper deal.

Our car's renewal last year was for £590, up from £340!:eek:. I did the above and managed to get it back down to £360, there was no hassle from my insurer as they just honoured it.

I'd seriously recommend popping a date in your diary 4-6 weeks before renewal next year so that you can do your homework and get your prices. It's sad that you have to be quite so anal about these things but I can vouch it's better to spend 40mins doing that than p***** nearly £250 away!

Thanks for that. I will put some effort into researching it. My current insurers, Saga, are claiming that premiums have gone up on average by 40% due to costs, fraud etc. The AA quoted over £500.

I've checked via Martin Lewis's site three years running and always ended up with LV - £189 last time :) - albeit some 120 odd miles away from London!

I'm with LV/Frizzell, I added my new Panda MJ to my exisitng 2 vehicles, 59 2.0l Bluemotion Passat + 53 Reg 1600i Classic Beetle on a multi vehicle policy last September for only an additional £108, for my wife and I to drive SDP+Class A Business use, 12000 miles annually.
I then also put my 18y/o son on as a learner (Panda only) for only + £230.
Give them a try, it helps if you are in 'Unison'.

Last edited:
I paid £150 fully comp for my '57 100hp. 15,000 miles per annum, max no claims and my 29-year old wife as a named driver.

Re: Insurance R

£371 08 100hp.
Max no claims
no accidents
Business use.
Parked on driveway Greater Manchester
Mileage not limited.

I guess you pay through the nose for parking on the street in London.

My 04 1.2 Eleganza , 4000k per year, only one driver, parked on my drive.Max no claims, £250 excess. £180.
Can't complain, last year was about £166 ish!!!

Ian

Saga, are claiming that premiums have gone up on average by 40% due to costs, fraud etc.

They have indeed, average rise of 30% - 40% across the industry.

£345.46 for fully comp parked on the street in South London is a good price.

Back