insurance quotes

Currently reading:
insurance quotes

im 17, and lookin round for quotes on my cinq sporting the prices £2200:eek: are rediculous has anyone else aged 17 insured there cinq? and for what price?? also does anyone no any cheap car insurers??

i've just insured mine, a tad over £1200 fully comp. 17 on full license.
that was with virgin

when i was 17 on my cinq 899 was 840 under mums name (no ncb) with any driver, all mods declared, but no engine mods, then my 1st cinq sporting was 860, same policy, now 920 on a newer cinq sporting :confused: with CIS

my own name was stupid as i couldnt get one with mods, and im not having a completely standard car ;) cheapest was £1600 from CIS (with any driver under me and any mods except engine) but gonna stick to my mums name til im 19, then go to HIC and do the 1242 :cool:

And DO PASS PLUS!

It comes down with age believe me, last year at 20 y.o I had my licence a year before I bought the car and had done pass plus. On an unmodified cinq, shopping around I got NWD to quote me £620 tpft on my own policy.
This year, shopping about again I got a quote of the same amount with admiral but including extra hire car cover, and my suspension and wheel modifications.

Last edited:
This time last year (wen i was 17) i paid 600 quid tpft for a provisional on my cinq sporting with churchill... got a quote for my insurance tpft which is due for renewal nxt month.. with one year no claims n full licence is £512 with virgin which can be paid monthly interest free (y)

lauren xxxxxxxxxx

Reading alot of these posts, I think a large chunk of your quote depends on your area.

At the moment I'm living right next to an accident hotspot, also less than a mile away from the M25. the cheapest quote I could find (With pass plus) at 17 on a sei sporting was 1.8k, with barganing.

With 2 claims, on my Bravo, in Enfield it's £4k if i was to go by myself.
However I'm moving to Braintree in Essex and using Confused.com, i got quoted £2.5k.

Still expensive but nearly half the price tpft from the same source

Little_red_buzz_box said:
This time last year (wen i was 17) i paid 600 quid tpft for a provisional on my cinq sporting with churchill... got a quote for my insurance tpft which is due for renewal nxt month.. with one year no claims n full licence is £512 with virgin which can be paid monthly interest free (y)

lauren xxxxxxxxxx
eh? i sware you havent been driving as long as me:confused:

when i first started driving, i just got cheap tpft cost me 300 in first year (that was on a vw beetle) and since then i've just changed the car about 6 or 7 times and kept same policy and the price has slowly gone down - although the company was taken over by norwich union during the 4 year period i'm talking about. I'm now on the Sei tpft cost me 230 this year i think.
This is not ideal for everyone but upto now i haven't had what i'd call a car worth insuring fully comp and have built up 4 years no claims (i've had a couple of prangs over the years but not told insurance) so insurance is a bit lighter on the pocket.
Granted though, as soon as the Sei hits a certain point in its transformation (slow transformation) i'll be looking for fully comp

Back