Insurance question.

Currently reading:
Insurance question.

Koa

Free dentistry available
It's been a while since I have had to do this so I need to check if it's still the done thing.

I have my insurance going out the bank monthly for the Stilo, it was something like £900 for the year.

I have until september before it runs out, can I just get my new car put onto that and get any difference refunded to me ?

Cheers.

Koa.

Yeah, phone up the insurance co, teel them you're changing cars and want to change the policy details. They'll then tell you about any refunds/extra payments etc. :)

And this should be in the insurance section ;)

bulldog5046 said:
most insurers will accept this i belive, so long a they will insure you on that vehical.

and HAHA £900! only £883 on the Marea Weekend 2.0 20v at 18 with 1yr NCB :p
My Abarth was full of mods remember and insured for fifteen thousand, the mods have to be fully covered and it costs a bloody packet :eek: The new car has so much more power but it's only £500 to insure because it has no mods :)

chaos said:
Yeah, phone up the insurance co, teel them you're changing cars and want to change the policy details. They'll then tell you about any refunds/extra payments etc. :)

And this should be in the insurance section ;)
Cheers Chaos ;)

Ah right, didn't realise there was one, or at least I forgot... sorry mods :eek:

remeber when i moved house adrian flux wanted to charge me for a change of address! and then because i became a student they wanted to put my insurance up! i mean i could understand on a new quote but not for the few months left.
just cancelled the policy.
depends on the company though,esure who i was using for the N/A cinq dont charge for car,address changes

KoA, You're probably not going to get a refund on your premium if you change to a lower risk car, but you may be able to negotiate a future discount on your VxR or Focus ST when you get it.

Well fat chance on getting any refund from Adrian Flux.

I only have four months of £90 a month left to pay for the stilo insurance, but Flux wanted an extra £378 on top of that for the rest of the year to be covered.
They came back with a year quote for the car of £1300 :eek:

So now I have to cancel that policy and I'll lose what I have gathered of my ncd as I'll go somewhere else :bang:

Elephant only want £540 for the year on that car.

So what will happen with my previous no claims ? Do I get to keep the one year ncd I had before I went to Adrian Flux ?

A turn of events. Flux just called and told me they owe me £120 and they can get a new policy for £540 for the year so I am happy. I forgot to ask about my NCD though :eek: will this continue from my last ncd or will it it have to run for a whole year again ?

you should keep any no claims you've already earned, but you won't get any if you cancel part of the way through the year

its always worth asking, but it may not be worth the extra cash, if you don't save it on the next years insurance premium.

Yeah there's too much extra to pay by flux going through the same company. I'll gain more by switching policy but I'll lose those months ncd. Besides an extra year ncd only saves me around £15 on each quote so there's no way I could justify giving them another £370 or whatever they wanted just to be able to keep my ncd going :(

Back