Technical Instrument panel and light failure

Currently reading:
Technical Instrument panel and light failure

LisaK

Hi,

I have a 2006 244 Fiat Ducato Motorhome LHD and currently on a road trip around the UK.

Yesterday the instrument panel, lights and indicators all stopped working. We had driven a couple of hours that day, stopped for 10 mins and then it was all gone when I next started the engine.

I've checked the fuses in the panel under the steering wheel and they all seem fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what it could be and how I can fix it on the road??

Thanks!

Checked the fuse and it was blown but when I replaced it with a different one it blew straight away again. So thinking it's something more serious than just the fuse!
Hi, Check Fuse F37 under dash board. Should be a 7.5A fuse.

Hi, That fuse supplies the voltage to four other items, Left Brake Pad Sensor and Brake Fluid Sensor, ABS and something else. Before the voltage goes to the panel it goes through a Short Circuiting Coupling but I've no idea where that is or what it looks like. I think you'll need to get an Auto Electrician to sort it out. Good luck.

According to Fiat eLearn F37 should be 10A. "Short Circuiting Coupling" is I think a translation problem. If you read "Linking Coupling" it makes more sense. Different sections of this coupling appear in many diagrams. I have never been able to touch it, but believe that it is a stack of connectors hidden behing the radio. Where else? Perhaps best left alone as unlikely to be the problem.

F37 supplies, side lights E2010, direction indicators E2020, rear foglamp E2031, instrument panel lighting E2530, and instrument panel E4010. The Exxx designations are the eLearn diagram numbers. As evidence, I am attaching a pdf version of E1010-3. The annotations are mine. Look down the RHS of the drawing and you will see the items that I have listed.

For a long shot, I am wondering whether one the direction indicator bulbs has developed as short circuit, or worse there is a fault in the wiring. @LisaK is there any chance that the fault occurred, when you were signalling to pull into stopping area? In that case which direction were you signalling? It may point to the faulty side, but then the stalk switch would still have to be operated for the fuse to blow as described.

In addition to the diagrams listed F37 also controls the headlamp main beam via the "Switch Control Panel" While not shown on the standard Fiat main beam diagram, I believe that F37 is essential for main beams.

For explanation the switch control panel is at the back of the buttons in the centre of the dash. It controls many lighting functions, as well as working as the direction and hazard flasher.

Attachments

• eLearn E1010-3 B002 LH Cab Fusebox.pdf
    91.7 KB · Views: 48
Back