instant messaging

Currently reading:
instant messaging

doublestyle

I dont know if this has been added before but my idea is a shoutbox or chat room just for general chit chat or have different rooms for stuff. I was going to add a pic but i dont think i can because its from outside or something >.<
if you think its a good idea say so :D:yum:

damn! irc is good as well, very helpful. i dont like the facebook chat thing down the bottum it constantly tells me they go offline when they are not and i get kicked offline when im not :( thanks for the replys:p

the new facebook style thing is good... couple of improvements could be that it saves the messages some how. ive had times where ive been talking to someone and when ive gone to another page the conv does not reload...
also had times where ive gone away from my computer and when i come back it will say Xmessages and when i click it its just blank because its made me off line and not saved them.

the new facebook style thing is good... couple of improvements could be that it saves the messages some how. ive had times where ive been talking to someone and when ive gone to another page the conv does not reload...
also had times where ive gone away from my computer and when i come back it will say Xmessages and when i click it its just blank because its made me off line and not saved them.

Yeah, I've had that a couple of times too, message history would be very handy, even if it was a locally stored file somewhere (not sure how easy that would be to set up) rather than remotely stored as I'm not sure how tight server space is these days...

While roughly on the subject. Is there any way of stopping the forum friends messaging from randomly disappearing. If somebody sends me a message while im away from the computer for a few mins, sometimes it will show the message, sometimes not. It also clears the chat box history as it were when it wants to. Any ideas?

Message history does save - open up a chat window with the person in question, then click the
icon.png
icon (y)

But how long does it save for? I've come back to my PC after anthing from 30 mins to a few hours and seen message windows from people who've tried to IM me, no messages in the window and nothing in the history. And there's nothing in the history now for people I know I've had conversations with in the past.

Back