installing componants!

Currently reading:
installing componants!

andykane

hi so i finally got round to making some spacers so i can fit my speakers

THESE for those who didnt read the last post i made

iv looked at the wiring guide for them and i know what to do(i think) and iv found(i think) all the wires i need to do it inside the car but what i wanted to ask is ... the standard speakers in the car are already componant ones .... just rubbish ones ... so does that mean there is a crossover somewhere in the door/behind the radio for me to find and replace or do i just go ahead and install the rainbow one from the wires in the door?

also the wires are purple/black(+ve?) and pink/black(-ve?) ... am i guessing right?

:rolleyes:

mk2 punto sporting btw

thanks in advance

andykane said:
hi so i finally got round to making some spacers so i can fit my speakers

THESE for those who didnt read the last post i made

iv looked at the wiring guide for them and i know what to do(i think) and iv found(i think) all the wires i need to do it inside the car but what i wanted to ask is ... the standard speakers in the car are already componant ones .... just rubbish ones ... so does that mean there is a crossover somewhere in the door/behind the radio for me to find and replace or do i just go ahead and install the rainbow one from the wires in the door?

also the wires are purple/black(+ve?) and pink/black(-ve?) ... am i guessing right?

:rolleyes:

mk2 punto sporting btw

thanks in advance

Hmm......there's a good chance that there is a crossover of some sort, but I can't say with 100% certainty.

Dunno about the speaker wires, usually you can differentiate between postive amd negative - IME postive is a solid or 2 coloured cable, and the negative has a black trace on the insulation. TBH it would be best to get a wiring diagram and see what it says - better to be safe than sorry with electronics!

Looking at the EPR I can't see a crossover, is there a tweeter by the door mirror? I can see these and the four speakers but no crossover.

I think they all just have seperate wires and it is all done in the OE HU, MK4 Astra that I worked on was the same, tweeters but no crossover.

So I'd say it's main speaker wires into crossover than split from there, failing that run your own cable for all speakers.

Liam

Back