Installing 6x9s into parcel shelf

Currently reading:
Installing 6x9s into parcel shelf

MattOver

56 Plate Grande Punto 1.9
Now before anyone starts on 6x9s being crap in the back and blah blah blah
Ive read it allready, i have a precut parcel shelf in my car, Was looking at getting some Vibe QB69s, Can someone give me some help/guidance on how to install these? Ive never fitted speakers before so not to sure how im suppose to go about it.
Thank you
Matt

i have vibe 6x9s in my parcel shelf but i had to cut the holes out myself. all you do is place the speaker on top of the parcelshelf and mark up were to drill the holes in the self for the bolts. i chose to fit the speaker covers on top so the covers use the same bolts as the speaker ones its easy realy. did u get the instructions with the speakers?

It depends on if you want an amp or not as has been said. If not using an amp its just a case of extending the wiring from the standard rear to the new speakers.
I would recommend that you build a new shelf out of MDF, it is a simple trace round, cut out and attach the parts from the old shelf to it. The difference in sound will be well worth the extra effort.

I would recommend not using the parcel shelf, its weak, on display and has no acoustic advantage.

It would be better to create 2 mdf enclosures and put them in the rear corners of the boot. Enclosed 6X9's sound loads better than those running free air.

Thanks for everyones feedback

The speakers are on the way.
Ive already got the right size holes in the parcel shelf so thats all sorted, luckily the guy who owned the car before me had the exact same speakers :D

Im not sure about the amp or just wiring them to the rear speakers;
think wiring to the rear speakers is going to be the cheaper and easier option so will be my first step then look into an amp later down the line,
just gotta find how to get to the rear speaker wires now

Anyone else done it with a 3 door Grande Punto?

ye i did it follow the grande guide on how to replace your rear speakers and just splice into the wires or you could run the 6x9 wires through the car to behind your headunit and splice into your rear speakers that way

Back