Technical injector??????

Currently reading:
Technical injector??????

johnmrkw

hi can any of you guys help me.ive a 1.6 bravo sx on a p reg.the problem i have is that no 1 cylinder is not firing.the injecto light is on on the dash.its had new plugs and leads.i took sparkplug out and got a strong spark.is it possible the injector is blocked and would this make the light come on.ive tested the injectors at the plug and all show the same ohms.tested coil ohms ok but wouldnt have spark if that was shot.ohms on crank sensor fine too also had new lamba sensor.when running and take off lead makes no difference to engine where as 2 3 4 do.can i test to see if spraying in fuel while in engine.cheers

Red light on the dash means ECU "knows" the fault, you need just to read it with FIAT tester of fault code reader. If there is injector fault light should switch off when you relase throttle (when braking with engine ECU turns injectors off)

The Injector light comes on in my 1.2 bravo just after i turn the engine on, and if i dont give it some revs the engine will cut out, after a short while the light will go off again and it will be fine. What would be the problem there? my car seems to be over revving on its own too, which im guessing is something to do with the ECU?

overreving on 1.2 engine is usually throttle position sensor. Put washers between sensor and throttle body that helps in most cases.

hi mate thanks for the reply.any idea what code reader id need and what protocol it is.if is an ecu problem would i be able to straight swop it and program the key codes as have the red key.thanks

The code stuff is actually inside the ECU, so if you swap it, the red key becomes useless so far as I know

I do not advice you to change ECU, because ECU faults are extremly rare. Do not spend any money (for sensors, etc. ) until you are sure. You can find a lot of posts about diagnostic software and hardware on this forum.

hi mate just been meesing with it again and now found the ohms on one injector is only reading 1 wher the others are 14.5 so im hoping ive found my problem.ill change the weekend let you know.thanks for help

Back