Technical Injector warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Injector warning light

incavic

Hi
I have a 2001 Fiat Ducato based motorhome (50,000 miles) and have had a problem with the injector warning light coming on with huge loss of power. Tends to come on after having travelled 20 miles of so, but can do a 100 miles with no problem.
The local Fiat main dealer (commercial) are having a problem getting their diagnostic equipment to talk to my vehicle.
Anyone any ideas as to what may be wrong and how we can get the diagnostics to work?
Thanks
Incavic

Thanks

The dealer eventually made a jury rig connection to confirm Potentiometer defective and the replaced it. This only happened after a very long delay and after I had to contact Fiat UK MD and one of his staff did some troubleshooting to get things moving.

New potentiometer fitted (includes pedal) and did not charge me due to long delay.

IncaVic

This happened to me on the Macedonian/Serbian border. complete loss of power etc, Then it disappeared, I got to my friends place in Belgrade and he took me to "Auto Service Goran" light came on on the rough road outside garage spent about an hour with the laptop and diagnosed bad connections on wiring, left it to them the next day, they cleaned all the connections and now fine having covered over 1200Klms since. No replacement of anything just bad connections! All for €40!!!!!!!!!!!!! Highly recommend them if you have problems in that part of the world

Attachments

• 20150821_183503.jpg
    20150821_183503.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
great result Digger
I get the same problem intermittently
2001 fiat hymer 2.8
did you get any indication of
where faulty connections were?

Avee

I just left them at it but I guess they cleaned all the connections from end to end, they seem to have come across the problem before as they suggested this as soon as the laptop was connected and showed a throttle position sensor problem, when engine was running every thing was OK so as an intermittent fault experience told them connections. They certainly know their stuff out there. My friend in Belgrade who deals in old Fiat stuff takes anything modern to them for analysis. Swears by Goran and his staff. He has a big framed Certificate in the office as the first official Magneti Marelli diagnostics garage in Serbia.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
3 pin.
and engine needs to be running in order for diagnostic computer to recognize it

Back