Technical Injection Light ?

Currently reading:
Technical Injection Light ?

Bailey-KR3

Hi,

On my seicento sport the injection light is on the dash pod, does this affect the car or does it even matter?

Cheers,

Jack

Hi mate.

yes the light does matter, as it indicates there is a problem with the injection system and this in turn could be casing damage to your cat converter. Have your fault codes read and it should tell you where the problem is. Could be something simple like a dodge crank sensor. But i would limit the amount you drive with the light on untill you know what it is.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Ok, but how do i find out the fault codes, the car has no OBD socket and it is a 1999 model.

Cheers

Jack

Yes, the light is on as soon as i turn the key. I have also just fitted the mckcirch chip, will this affect it?

Cheers

Jack

Also, the engine has been sitting for around 8 months as i am building a road legal go-kart based on the fiat seicento layout. Engine has no air filter as yet and the vacum pipe is not attached, the plugs are black and it needs an oil change. The engine does'nt struggle to start but it does take a while to start and it has a tendancy to backfire and flames have come out of the exhaust. when the engine runs it is fine but it just has the injection light on and it takes a while to start will any of these things affect the engine starting?

Cheers

Jack

You are taking the ****, right!!

Cheers

D

rolf
sound like you need a second opinion mate. was it running ok before things were messed about with i.e filter removed etc?
its definatly overfuelling and if its backfiring the timings out somewhere is the map sensor connected? if the vacum is not connected right is there one hole still open if it is the engine is trying to compensate hense black plugs

Ok, cheers yes everything was running fine before i took the car apart, how do i stop it overfuelling?
I am getting the timing checked at a garage as soon as the frame has wheels.

Cheers

Jack

Back