Infinity speaker help

Currently reading:
Infinity speaker help

stone

Ok here goes i'm trying to fit my new speakers dumbass me thought i'd just need to take the old speakers out cut the wire trim it back and solder onto the new 1's.My question is what do i do with the crossover boxes that i got with them do i need to install these without a amp or wait till i get a amp? I've only got the 2 speaker wires that will be soldered onto the new speaker so how do i connect the crossover? Hope somebody can help a idiot like me :bang: :bang:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220145460435&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Right so i need to get the other ends of the speaker wires which will be around the cd player?

Yep got the wires that were in old speaker red & white wires so they go to the crossover box what goes to the new speakers then

here's some pics of the crossover its got IN + - , WF +-, TW +-, & -3dB
If the speaker cable goes into the crossover box do i need to buy extra speaker cable to wire up to the new speakers? otherwise theres no cable going to them thats what i dont understand

Attachments

• 05092007090.jpg
    05092007090.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 05092007091.jpg
    05092007091.jpg
    713.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 05092007092.jpg
    05092007092.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 18
Now i'm totally lost :cry: :cry: the cables i've got are the 2 speaker cables and tweeter cables where's the headunit wire?? if the old speaker cables go into the crossover box what cables am i going to solder onto the new speakers in the pic as i'd have put the speaker cables in the crossover box

Thats where i'm struggling i've no wires with the crossover box!! so i'd be putting the speaker & tweeter wires in with no wires to connect to speakers looks like i have to buy some speaker wire :cry:

Will go halfords later 2nite to get some cable i know the woofer & tweeters go in the WF & TW Bits not sure what cable would go in the In-+ bit

Last edited:
Have you checked that the speaker fits in the hole with the window down because it looks like you have a Punto MK2 and there is very little clearance there.

My cars a 98 mk1 punto sporting.I've got the extra speaker cable now but i'm stuck again how do i wire the tweeters to the crossover box through the door as the black connection is just pins inside impossible to put the speaker cable through starting to wish i never bought these now any ideas on how to wire tweeters up

use the original wires you cut off the original speaker this goes to IN+-!

run a wire from the (tweeter)TW +- to the crossover TW+- ensuring the correct polarity!

Run another length of wire from your (woofer)WF+- to the crossover WF+- ensuring the correct polarity!

mount speaker in the speaker hole!

find a suitable place to mount your crossover!

mount your tweeters where you want them!

job done!:)

Last edited:
I've got the extra speaker cable now but i'm stuck again how do i wire the tweeters to the crossover box through the door as the black connection is just pins inside impossible to put the speaker cable through

to solve that problem you need to locate the crossovers behind the dash.

there is a 2 core wire going from the headunit ot the each door, you cut that wire behind the dash. then you have 2 ends of the wire, one goes to the door speaker, connect that to the WF. connect the other end to the IN. now run a new 2core wire from TW to the tweeter through the dash. (ignore the -3bd if you are fitting tweeters on dash) that is the easiest method and it only requires new wire to be fitted for the tweeter, nothing else.

Thanks for that mate i managed to sort them out main prob was getting wire through door grommit punched a little hold under grommit ad all sorted :)

Back