General induction kit

Currently reading:
General induction kit

shepz

iv just recentl;y purchased a K&N induction kit for my 97 chinq sporting any one got this mod fitted?if so any pics tips and fitting advice would be appreciated

shepz said:
iv just recentl;y purchased a K&N induction kit for my 97 chinq sporting any one got this mod fitted?if so any pics tips and fitting advice would be appreciated

It comes with a full set of instructions, fitting it is really easy. You have to cut some hoses but it's all explained in the instructions.
But Dave is right, send it back (if you still can) and get a GSR kit. They cost a fair bit more but are definetly worth it. Ive had both on my cinq. PM a user called oldschool if you want one.

P.S. the GSR looks good too and will impress all your mates (y)

i understand the gsr's a better kit but i aint after more bhp/torque...well not in a chinq no point trainin a donkey to win the grand national...i just want a cheap cheerful(reasons for havin chinq) extra bit of noise,breathing

shepz said:
no point trainin a donkey to win the grand national...

one thing a cinq isn't and thats a donkey! i think your thinking of a corsa ;) why spend money on a induction kit thats poop, when you can get a decent one i.e a GSR induction kit? i am at this moment saving for one and i'm positive that when its done it'll be more like a stallion on its way to victory at the kentucky derby!! lol

si

Last edited:
Hi

i used to have a cinq sporting,and i got a k+n 57i on it,didnt do a thing for it apart from make it sound

CLASS!!!!!!

lol

sorry dave!

anyway check the box,for part number it should be

57-0146

if its not this number,it aint for your car!!!

easy as pie to fit,10minutes tops!,

so sounds like wrong one to me!!

here is K&N site

http://knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx

check it out,see what youve got!

(",)

shepz said:
invest in a forced induction tube?

A what now?

Mean a cold air feed?

Yes definately.
If you mean 'Ramair' system, then I dunno if theyre avaoilable for that engine!

Back