Induction Kit (GSR) @ MOT time

Currently reading:
Induction Kit (GSR) @ MOT time

imported_richard33dees

Established member
Hi folks,

Ave got the car booked in for it's MOT in a week or so's time, first time since fitting the GSR. As many with cinq/seicento's have had issues with emissions, would it be better to change the GSR for the std airbox or would it not matter?

Just wondered what other cinq/sei owners done with induction kits

Cheers,

Rich

YcMing said:
Both my cinq passed MOt with the GSR kit on.

Am not sure how the induction could causes emission failure?

If you are unsure just turn the fuel pressure down on the tb.

Ming

Aye a was reading your posts to richydraper on FF about turning it down. I think al just let it go and see what the out come is. I was just concerned incase the filter would cause a difference in the fuelling to knock the emissions off. My cinq sailed through the last MOT, but is having the brake lines done this time and fingers crossed that's all it is

put it straight in i am in 4 weeks. if it fails then free re-test and turn the fpr down.

ill be shocked if mine goes through on emmisions lmfao.

Andi_F said:
Front Jacking points-...... don't ask their fecked to put it politley!!

didnt know they had petrol tanks on the front???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Andi_F said:
It's this site doesn't shrink Avatar's down, so hence why they were a wee bit big, just put old pic back on for now

understatement of the year! lmao

i've never been able to have a very accurate guesstimate of tyre depth and brake pad thickness from someones avatar before..... until you used that pic as one! :p

TBF on the forum software, anyone uploading an avatar should be able to follow the guidelines "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 50 by 50 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)" and using picture editing software shrink a suitable picture to size. Personally I use MS Picture Manager to reduce all my avatar/signature pictures.

HTH

Andi_F said:
I have tried to shrink them Martyn, just doesn't want to shrink them to the size I want with Corel.
That's why I just use this old pic, as I shrunk that one down for another Car Club, and as it was a mobile phone photo it was easier to shrink.

P.s. I don't know how to photoshop Martyn!!

You don't even need Photoshop (which in full blown form is a rather expensive product) to resize an image, Paint, the most basic of basic image editing tools allows you to resize an image as well (though you need to go into attributes and do it in percentages rather than pixels it seems). I've only been on a few forums that'll resize an image automatically for an avatar and it is as has been said usually a simple 2 minute task to resize it.

Martyn said:
Yeh, come on man there's never any problems with Avatar sizes usually. 'Shop em down it's not a biggie ;)

i agree, worst case scenario stick em on photobucket and resize there

it's common sense tbh, upload and look, if it's taking up a bigger than full screen sized space, chances are its far too big. lol

Back