induction kit duct

Currently reading:
induction kit duct

A

Andy1.6hlx

getting a carbon fibre forced induction kit, and was thinking of placing a duct on the wing... how difficult would it be to cut a circular whole in the wing to mount this? and what would be the best way of doing this? and help and ideas welcome :)

I wouldn't bother to be honest, i would use what you already have for the cold air feed, as this is on the front of the car and forces cold air directly at the air filter, also if you didn't like the hole in the wing then you would need to get a new one and have it re-painted, also you could get water in the air filter with a open feed from the wing

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

just stick a cone filter in the wing like everyone else has and have the cold air feed going to it,(including the standard one).
maybe have 2 if you have long enough pipe,coming from the other side of the bumper?

i had a k&n cone induction kit and it was utterly sh*te so im thinking if im gonna spend money on a kit im gonna get a decent enclosed one, think you might be right, might just run it through the standard front intake... probably not worth the hassle of making a new inlet :)