General Indicators work - hazards don't!

Currently reading:
General Indicators work - hazards don't!

Here's a good un!

Indicators work fine - both sides, until you switch the hazards on - then the indicators stop working.

Switch the hazards on their own and they don't work.

What I have done so far:

Replaced the hazard switch with a known good one - no change.
Replaced indicator solenoid under steering column.

Checked the fuses in the tray under the drivers side glove box - all good.

I'm getting desperate, any ideas please :bang:

NOTE: I haven't got a wiring diagram for my 04 JTD - does anyone have one they can email me a copy please? ( I have downloaded the eLearn set but can't open them to gain access to the manual)

Cheers George

Last edited:
Well, I sorted it, MOT'd and Taxed it today.

The saga went like:

When I said I'd checked ALL the fuses, what I should have said is: I've checked all the fuses that where in the box... I then noticed that a fuse holder was empty, and thought 'typical Fiat, use a basic fuse box which doesn't need all the places, all the time'. As it happens, fuse 14 was missing and that's the one which controls the hazards. Replace fuse 14 and no more problem. :rolleyes:

Replaced the washer pump with a good unit and the windscreen washer is ok again. The pump went straight into the bottle exactly as the old one did, but it's wired in reverse - lift the stalk up and the back screen washer works, press the stalk down and the front one works - daft, but it's actually better because it's easier to operate the wash and wipe now.

Note: I've noticed that Fiat like to change fittings and plugs and connectors from year to year and even same year, same model cars. Which is why the stealer needs your VIN number when applying for parts. Can't understand why they should change them so randomly unless it has something to do with the different suppliers they use and the supply regularity.

Jobs I want to do next:

1: Change the cam belt and pulley, this has been standing for nearly 2 years, so the belt must be suspect. The water pump and antifreeze at the same time.
2: Drain and replace PSF, DOT4, Oil, diesel, Air and pollen filters.
3: Replace rear radius bearings.

That's about it, I think :eek:

Still, once it's all done I won't need to worry when it was done last.

Cheers for now
George

Back