Technical Indicators dont work, while hazard light still work

Currently reading:
Technical Indicators dont work, while hazard light still work

rob1972

Hello,
New here,
I'm from the Netherlands so please excuse me for using the wrong terms...

We have a Seicento 1100 young from 2006.

There is a problem with the indicators (blinking lights)

After about 30-60 minutes they stop working (both left or right)
When this happens, the hazard-lights (button) still work.

This tells me that the relay could not be the problem, because they both work on the same relay.

Garage replaced the steering-switch-unit for a used one, but the problem remains.

Somebody familiar to this problem ?

Is there anybody who has a Electrical scheme ?

I have the old steering-wheel-unit, so i tried to measure the contacts, but i cant really find out which contact belongs to which function.

With kind regards
Rob

Not on a Fiat, but I have had the hazard light switch cause that, you could try spraying inside it with switch cleaner and repeatedly switching it on and off a few times.
I will try,

But how could this be ?

Should think the hazard-lights-switch works parallel (2 pole ?) on the blinker-switches ?

When i should have a scheme i could know how it works.

I will try,

But how could this be ?

Should think the hazard-lights-switch works parallel (2 pole ?) on the blinker-switches ?

When i should have a scheme i could know how it works.
Have a look at the back of the switch, there are often several wires to allow disconnection of indicator circuit for hazard circuit to work.
Not specifically on a Fiat but I have had it on more than one make of car.
Often where the hazard switch hasn't been used for a long time and the indicator fails just after.
Just try operating the hazard switch quickly a few times then see if it makes a difference.
Let us know how you get on.:)

Hello Rob,

I have just replaced my hazard switch cluster as my switch was ‘sticking’ on. Not the same issue but quite possibly the hazard switch is the cause of your problems?

I bought mine off eBay for £20 including the ‘centre dash’ cluster etc..

Fixed my issue at least.

Best

Malcolm

I had a cinquecento with strange indicator light stuff going on. Someone had messed with the hazard switch wiring, perhaps for an alarm? As above the indicators are connected to the hazard switch so worth checking.

Back