General Indicators and brake lights issue 2005

Currently reading:
General Indicators and brake lights issue 2005

Ashdon

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me. I have a 2005 1.9 non turbo Scudo, the issue I’m having is Both my indicators (front and back) and brake lights have gone faulty not working. They do occasionally work for a couple seconds if I take it for a drive / if I hit a bump or turn (possible loose earth ?) I haven’t a clue where this is earthed. I have tried other possible solutions such as new relay, checked all fuses, checked for power going from the stalk to relay. (There was) I no these things may have not sorted the brake issue but have ruled out a few options for the indicators. Also might be worth mentioning that’s this issue happened at the same time and it was when my door caught a massive gust of wind and flew open and bent it forward.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ashdon.

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me. I have a 2005 1.9 non turbo Scudo, the issue I’m having is Both my indicators (front and back) and brake lights have gone faulty not working. They do occasionally work for a couple seconds if I take it for a drive / if I hit a bump or turn (possible loose earth ?) I haven’t a clue where this is earthed. I have tried other possible solutions such as new relay, checked all fuses, checked for power going from the stalk to relay. (There was) I no these things may have not sorted the brake issue but have ruled out a few options for the indicators. Also might be worth mentioning that’s this issue happened at the same time and it was when my door caught a massive gust of wind and flew open and bent it forward.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ashdon.
If it was just a bad earth I would expect other lights would be flickering or cross feeding (such as side light coming on when brake or indicator on as they would try to back feed through other things.
However as you say after door got ripped back, assuming your Scudo has Can Bus system a wire could have been broken /damaged at the door hinge area affecting the BSI unit.
Have you any error codes read / showing using diagnostic tool?
If it is a broken Can Bus wire in the loom they come as a twisted pair, so read up about it before rejoining a damaged wire as they measure low voltages and are very sensitive re positioning etc.

If it was just a bad earth I would expect other lights would be flickering or cross feeding (such as side light coming on when brake or indicator on as they would try to back feed through other things.
However as you say after door got ripped back, assuming your Scudo has Can Bus system a wire could have been broken /damaged at the door hinge area affecting the BSI unit.
Have you any error codes read / showing using diagnostic tool?
If it is a broken Can Bus wire in the loom they come as a twisted pair, so read up about it before rejoining a damaged wire as they measure low voltages and are very sensitive re positioning etc.
Okay thanks I will look into this.

Back