Indicator stalk needed asap pls

Currently reading:
Indicator stalk needed asap pls

K

Kirk

Need a indicator stalk asap for my mk1bravo as got no headlights n don't wanna get pulled by rozzers for just havin side lights on.cheers ppl.kirk

Could you not rewire the feeds in the meantime until you get a set chap? Might be the best bet in the short term. The Marea Polys guide would give you a good starting point but it may be worth checking if the sidelight wiring and fusing can handle running the dipped beams.

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

I might have one by the weekend, but will deffo have one by next week if you are interested what sort of price would you be willing to pay?

cheers

robin

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Oz- I dunno about doin that with it wouldn't trust it. Cheers tho m8
robin - yeah nice 1mate dunno about price tho where u live? If u got paypal email I can send it thru that. Let me know how much u think

Need 1asap as indicators are playin up now n workin wen they want lol

have u checked the relay under the steering cowel (spelling) for the indicators? I had similare issues,worked when they wanted and some days not at all.Replaced with a new relay and all was well after that :)

only thing i noiticed tho was the original relay was blue,i got a cheap 1 in black..it ticked differently lol

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
Car Status: 25/09 - Car all fired up and running :)

Nah ain't checked relay.how do I check it?or shal I just replace it anyway?how much are they?if I was to have fog lights on with just my sidelights and if I got stopped by police do u think they would fine me for havin them on even if I explain that me light have stopped working?or just say get them done,think I would need to act dumb and say they just this min stopped workin lol

just get a new 1 mate,theres 3 screws under the steering wheel holding the casking on.
and as for the fog's,answer is no.dont put them on lol they will and can fine you for having them on..id check all your fuses again mate for your headlights,if they are all intact,cant you just wire them up with your sidelights as a tremp measure? most people drive round with their headlights on when its not really dark anyhow.

OR how about wiring them up (to a live) and put them on a switch inside the car and flick it on when you need them on?

Just a thought

Wil they be ok with puttin them on the side lights tho?gona try and get 1in mornin from scrap yard there is a few I can try

Got 1this mornin from scapyard £20 and what a pain to do.didn't know u had to take steering wheel off.but done now anyway cheers peeps

glad you got it sorted,everythin working fine now then?

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

Car Status: 23/02/10 - Heating and correct Oil amount sorted :) ready for MOT

Yeah mate everythin workin now.next on the list is maf sensor.not pullin very wel sometimes very wel n othertimes it wouldn't pull ur foreskin bak lol

glad to it lol

mikey_sig2.jpg

Car Status: 23/02/10 - Heating and correct Oil amount sorted :) ready for MOT

Change Stalk

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old post, my mate has the same problem, we found a stalk in a scrapyard still on the car, got the covers off as only 3 screws but looks like you need to get the steering wheel off too. Is this correct and how do you do it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

yes its a 24 mm socket (i had 2 buy 1 as i had every size but that lol) Once that is off,you will see the airbag ring,4 screws for that (easy to spot) then the stalks come off once that is off.

Change Stalk

How do you get the centre cover off to get to the 24mm socket?

Look behind the steering wheel & you'll see 2 holes. There's 2 allen bolts in those holes. If i remember correctly there 5mm.! Undo those & you'll be able to remove the airbag. Once removed you'll see the 24mm nut.

Kee
(HGT Owner since 02')

97' P393LOK 2.0 20v Bravo 147HGT - Car Heaven
97' R590BJO 2.0 20v Bravo 147HGT - Car Heaven
98' R93BFC 2.0 20vt Coupe - Donor Car - Car Heaven
99' T970VWS 2.0 20v Marea Weekend HLX - Car Heaven
01' X266EEX 2.0Vis 20v Bravo 155HGT - Car Heaven
01' Y981SLB 2.0Vis 20v Bravo 155HGT Sold to me Olde Man.!

Current Motor:- S551CWH 2.0 20v Bravo 147HGT
(20vT Conversion almost there, MOT immanent..!)

TOMMY TOP TIP......

DON'T undo the 24mm nut all the way, leave it on about 1 thread.

REASON - if you remove the nut completely, when you yank the steering wheel off you'll smack yourself in the face!

Trust me - I saw Ash G do it.... TWICE!!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

hahaha ^^ :D

another tip,just knock steering wheel slightly at the top then the bottom till it comes lose then you'll be able to pull it off with ease ;)