Indicator Problems!

Currently reading:
Indicator Problems!

rwhawes

Evening all!

I have a Stilo 1.6 16v 04 plate. When I indicate left the rear indicator doesnt work - i can change the bulb but this isnt the problem. Instead of the indicator light, the rear tail light flashes along with both rear reverse lights :confused: !??

Does anyone know what the problem could be?? Any help really appreciated! (y)

Evening all!

I have a Stilo 1.6 16v 04 plate. When I indicate left the rear indicator doesnt work - i can change the bulb but this isnt the problem. Instead of the indicator light, the rear tail light flashes along with both rear reverse lights :confused: !??

Does anyone know what the problem could be?? Any help really appreciated! (y)

Bad earth, find where the rear light cluster is grounded & clean / tighten it.

Where would I find where it is earthed? would it be in the cluster?

Where would I find where it is earthed? would it be in the cluster?

:eek: I cant pinpoint it precisely for you but it will be a wire, most likely a black one, that just attaches to the metal body of the car at some convenient point. Worth taking the boot carpet out and having a look, do all you can see and once all is working coat the ground points with copper grease or vaseline to prevent future problems. Dont forget to check / clean any connectors to the light cluster or in the same rear end wiring loom too, and make sure the connectors inside the light socket for the bulb itself are clean.....

Last edited:
Back