General In transit

Currently reading:
General In transit

JimR123

Hi,

We ordered a 500 Stop 'n' Start (or is that Start 'n' Stop?!?) in mid May, and I've just checked with the dealer who tells me that our little car has been built and is currently "in transit" :D

Now if I use google maps to map a route from Poland (which I understand is where they are built) to England, most of the route shown is across land (mostly Germany and Belguim), and then it's just the English Channel to cross.

So the question is... are they transported along that kind of route, or do they go on a boat all the way from Poland?

Just wondering how long it's likely to take before it gets to blightly :)

Hi,

We ordered a 500 Stop 'n' Start (or is that Start 'n' Stop?!?) in mid May, and I've just checked with the dealer who tells me that our little car has been built and is currently "in transit" :D

Now if I use google maps to map a route from Poland (which I understand is where they are built) to England, most of the route shown is across land (mostly Germany and Belguim), and then it's just the English Channel to cross.

So the question is... are they transported along that kind of route, or do they go on a boat all the way from Poland?

Just wondering how long it's likely to take before it gets to blightly :)

Hi Jim

You're probably looking at 2-3 weeks yet until you can collect from the dealers, from my recent experience. Hope it goes quickly for you!

Some are shipped from Gdansk (Poland) others from Zeebrugge (Belgium)

Either way, they go by train from the factory in Tychy and then by transporter from Portbury (Avonmouth, Nr Bristol) to your dealership.

Back