Importing to USA

Currently reading:
Importing to USA

miguele26

Does anyone know if Fiat Bravo cars can be imported to USA I see they are buying the company Chrysler so it would lead me to believe maybe bringing any cars from Europe made by Fiat would meet the standards to bring to USA. If anyone can enlighten me on information to find this out that be great. Thanks.:D

Okay thanks for website will look into that most likley it will not happen as your right I was already informed this is a pain in the butt and costly but I'll check it out thanks.

The only way it would be 'simple' is if you're talking about a car that's 25+ years old. Just the shipping cost (excluding taxes etc) would be more than the car's worth.

I promise that you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do NOT want to do this!!!

First, it has not been announced officially which Fiat cars will be sold in North America other than the 500.

Second, the costs of doing so would be horrible.

Third, a US version Bravo will have a lot of differences to a European version. Parts will be different between them as US safety and emmissions laws are different. Trim levels and options will also be different. At least a UK Bravo will have the speedo in miles rather then in Km but that's your only positive in a huge sea of negatives.

Fourth, why would you want an RHD car in the USA? Other than the U. S. Postal Service and their contracted-out rural deliverers, no one else drives them. And RHD-specific parts will never be stocked.

OK, I just went back and looked at your original post again.

Were you talking about a 1997 Bravo or the current one?

If it's the 97, don't waste any more time even thinking about it. There are no parts and service for it anywhere. About all you could get are tires and wipers. Any problems and off to the scrapper it goes. Also, the vlue of the car is rather less than the conversion cost.

I also didn't see a flag on your post, so you may be from an LHD country, in which case my remarks about RHD do not apply. All the same, it's still not worth it. There are plenty of cheap used cars in the USA if you plan on staying a while. Buy one.

OK, I just went back and looked at your original post again.

Were you talking about a 1997 Bravo or the current one?

If it's the 97, don't waste any more time even thinking about it. There are no parts and service for it anywhere. About all you could get are tires and wipers. Any problems and off to the scrapper it goes. Also, the vlue of the car is rather less than the conversion cost.

I also didn't see a flag on your post, so you may be from an LHD country, in which case my remarks about RHD do not apply. All the same, it's still not worth it. There are plenty of cheap used cars in the USA if you plan on staying a while. Buy one.

Your obviously someone who doesn't become attached to your cars.

Sourcing parts should't be that hard, just take longer to arrive ;)

Well to be completely honest with you all my brother was actually looking to obtain my TD100 1997 Bravo for use back in USA as I'm residing in Naples, Italy military duty. So the care really isn't for me but I drive it now. In fact I do enjoy this car so much that I wish it wasn't such a pain in the rear to bring it back but I know now it is not worth the hassle other wise I would. I prefer to just stick with of course the old american Muscle my 1969 Ford Mustang where I will have no problems finding parts for any time no matter how old it gets! Thanks everyone for info on post!

Back