Technical Immobiser wont trim off

Currently reading:
Technical Immobiser wont trim off

Lotusanne

Hi, sorry new to forum and already looking for help - we have pulled in to a petrol station for diesel and now the engine will not start. The immobiliser light with a key that says Code stays on and the engine turns over but will not start. We have a blue key and a black one but no red one. We are on a pilote motorhome 2.8 TD Ducato, year 2000. We are awaiting breakdown recovery but have been doing some Googling and looks like this could a very expensive job. Is it possible to disable the immobiliser? Many thanks for any help

Hi @Lotusanne ,

Sorry to learn of your continuing problem. To save my typing the following is mainly a copy from a recent post of mine on another thread.

"As suggested there is an electronic immobiliser unit behind a security cover on the injection pump. The immobiliser interrupts the electrical supply to the stop solenoid on the pump. The cover can be removed but it involves either drilling out, or grinding the heads of the security locking screws. (I do not have a 2.8idTD, but I can realise that access may be limited.)
With the security cover removed the electronics can be bypassed. There will be a wire from the ignition switch, which will need to be connected directly to the wire from the engine stop solenoid on the pump.""

(I would expect to find 3 or 4 wires in total. Ignition switched supply, connection from code receiver, conection to pump stop solenoid, and perhaps an earth.)

There is also the possibility that the stop solenoid itself, which needs a 12V supply for the engine to run, could be sticking mechanically. Faulty stop solenoids can be replaced, but the cover will still need to be removed for access.

The vehicle is 20+ years old. Probably more than the design life of the immobiliser electronics...............

For more information, try using the forum search faciity at the top righthand corner of the page. Perhaps try starting with "immobiliser removal".".

Photo originally posted by @bugsymike in similar thread. The stop solenoid is the partly concealed brass component.

1693565691488.png
Thanks a million. I will pass all this on to my son in law who is trying his best to get this sorted. Fingers crossed again!! :)

Back