I'm not going insane! more power once restarted.

Currently reading:
I'm not going insane! more power once restarted.

D

Darren

Hi all,

haven't been on in a while, been busy busy with new jobs and such.
The JTD is still going well, 166k now :)

I am still having 1 issue though.

When starting her up she can be picky with how she will respond.
Normally if she has been sitting all night/day and I start her from cold she will be very sluggish and the only power is from the turbo at the 2.1k mark.
If she has been driven to work and parked up for a couple of hours (still slightly warm), then started she will fly! Power kicks in at 1.4k and flows freely, including the steering feeling more responsive and light, and the gear changes feeling slicker, and the car is all round quieter (for a diesel).

Now I changed the MAF about a year ago and that has helped a lot but it's still strange how she can change her mind if started from warm.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

2.4jtd marea weekend :)

cheers

Darren

my 1.9 jtd has its days, some days its very torquey and others sluggish. I've changed most of the common failing parts on the jtd maf, map, egr etc. I'm starting to think its the exhaust. Possible build up of back pressure causing the engine to work hard.

cars always run better when warm/operating temperature.They have been lubricated and at he right temp and dont need to wait for it to get warm.

yup, I understand that they work better when warm but I'm on about almost double the power once restarted!

I've had cars which perform better once warm and in cold conditions but this is silly amounts of power added

just wondering if there is anything I could try looking at

Darren

oh, and to add, when started from cold and driven for a while the injector light will come on.
It's doesn't effect the driving at all but it does come on.

strangely its almost at the same point every day on the way to work which makes me think perhaps something inside is expanding with the heat and making contact with something. Maybe this has something to do with the power increase???