Technical im going through a bad spell

Currently reading:
Technical im going through a bad spell

When I bought my bravo from a 2nd hand trader they offered me 1100 for my 2004 Zafira tdi - basically told me it would go straight to auction and that would cover their costs.

I simply sold it privately and more than doubled their offer - not the best car, but I spent a weekend making sure she was presented well ;)

The water is looking a little dark & dingy, this is wierd right we went on a 60 mile trip water bottle very low, left it over night to settle, topped up to max again whent on a day out again probably 40 miles, come home, leave it over night & check water bottle is about an inch above max so had to remove some, is this due to bubbles getting in from near cylinders or something. It seems that way, roll on Tuesday to get to the bottom of it.
On the giulietta front I'm not suggesting it's a better car it's just where I want to go next, came to the bravo from a gt which I loved, I love the bravo too, but do love seeing the Alfa badge on the steering wheel. After the bravo there's nothing else I want, it's got to be Italian for sure.

Well, my OH says the next car better be a Giulietta, or I'm sharing the carpet with the dogs for a long time :eek: TBH I'd rather get a Giulietta than the other car she likes - Seat Ibiza :yuck:

The Seat Ibiza 2.0 TDI is a superb little car. Performance matches the 2.0 Multijet Bravo but with less HP and torque (weighing about 115kg less may play a part) and it returns better mpg and has lower emissions. I would definitely seriously consider one if I needed a new car. The only downside is that they are a little small.

Last edited:
The Seat Ibiza 2.0 TDI is a superb little car. Performance matches the 2.0 Multijet Bravo but with less HP and torque (weighing about 115kg less may play a part) and it returns better mpg and has lower emissions. I would definitely seriously consider one if I needed a new car. The only downside is that they are a little small.

A little small is the only downside ? are you sure?

Have you been inside an ibiza before?

It's horrible.

A little small is the only downside ? are you sure?

Have you been inside an ibiza before?

It's horrible.

The girlfriend has an Ibiza and, cheap dash vents aside it's actually not too bad, the lighting is especially nice. However it is the only car I've ever been in that a) the seats give me chronic backache and b) I don't fit in the rear seats at all with all limbs attached. It's more cramped in there than an RX8 which you have to post yourself into.

I'm not buying a diesel car for my OH, she only covers about 100-150kms every week... Not to mention the 2.0TDI prices start at 22.259€, without any extras... (n)

Yeah I thought it was fine. All the VW group cars seem to have pretty dull interior but build quality seems good. I liked the red lighting - similar to that in the MiTo.

The one I had for a week (1.6 DSG DERV) was slower than my Bravo which was a rival. Well equipped but the sound deadening on the underside of the bonnet being saturated in water and covered in mould on a 9 month old car didn't feel me with any faith as to build quality.

They're also very over priced for that they are, and their reliability is very over rated, people think they're in Toyota league, but VW are more in the league of Ford, which isn't all that different to Fiat in honesty.

well got my baby back today, along with the full service she needed discs & pads all round, as for the the coolant leak the garage looked into it & couldn't find any evidence of loss while they had it, hot & cold pressures were normal nothing in oil no evidence of it being burned in cylinders either, so they have asked me to keep an eye on it as MOT is mid October, & record every top up if any are required. they said its probably just me seeing as iv'e had head gasket problems with cars in the past lol. i suppose time will tell & its cost me nothing for now except the service & discs & pads, 3 day in the garage & its cost me just shy of £500 so don't think i can grumble at that.

well it doesn't get any better, when i left for work last week i was puffing steam out of the back, yes the head gasket has blown, i knew something wasn't right, on the good side the car when't straight through her MOT, now the downside head gasket bill, iv'e asked them to do a new cam belt & water pump too while there at it & the engine is in bits,they rang me yesterday to say there's broken flaps in the manifold i guess inlet not out let. so iv'e got to pop in tomorrow & see the problem for my self, not even sure what these flaps do. as didn't have any other issues except using water, & what's that gonna cost me on top of a bill of estimated £1000 already. she will soon be like a brand new car. iv'e gone past the point of worrying now.

Yep it was, I was beginning to think I was paranoid until it failed properly, whent in to check on her today, engine all in peices so had a good nosey at it, it seems it's not the first time either, there was also a new Valve in there, so something has gone on in the past, but any how head is all skimmed now the water pump & cam belt stuff has arrived, so it's just a case of rebuilding her now, could have her back late tomorrow fingers crossed. Getting bored of the ford fusion I have at the min, feels no where near as good, but it isn't bad either.

Glad to hear you are getting it sorted. Your story is similar to ours. We had a 150MJ sport, and that was a high miler. When we finally got rid (in Feb this year) it had had a few water leaks, though dont think that was the head gasket. Anyway, we swapped it for a Giulietta, and although there are some things about the Bravo that are better, the Giulietta is a better car. The handling is great and the 170MJ is very rapid

I'm so jealous a Giulietta is my next car, I had my deposit almost there until the head gasket whent so I need to save again for a while longer yet. But I hope for the middle of next year. Mind you my bravo is running like a dream now & pretty rapid too. Best get saving again once crimbo is out of the way. I would love the 8c red.

Back