If anyone sees a car of this description could they please let me know?

Currently reading:
If anyone sees a car of this description could they please let me know?

Ursula

Hi, I haven't posted here before, but was recommended this site by a freind as my Punto was stolen last week, its an M reg cabrio in dark electric blue with a dark blue hood, and is greatly missed, if anyone see's it i would really appreciate it if you could let me know. Thank you :worship:

it was taken from oustide my flat in ilford, east london, i'm guessing it couldn't have got too far without needing a petrol stop as i had less than 1/4 tank of petrol.

Randoman - Yes please, the more people see it the better, i have some pictures of it as well

Dave - I'm not sure if it had an immobilizer, but i had only had it a couple of weeks, i did try and get some extra keys cut as i only had one door key and one ignition key, and was told that i would need it done at a fiat dealership as if he cut them it would immobilize the car. I dont think they could have towed it, theres limited parking space in my road and i had parked it quite tightly the night before, also its a cul de sac and the car was facing the wrong direction to get out

hmm it sounds like you did have the fiat immobilizer then, did you get 2 blue keys and a red? it cant be started without the key, so i would ask the police to check with last owner to see what happened to missing keys.

its not unknown for people to ring a car sell it, then go pinch it back with the keys to get rid of it, then there no evidence that they have sold a rung car :(

it was a big chunky blue key to get in and a little black key to open the passenger door and start the engine, i have mobile numbers and email addresses for the seller, i was going to get in contact with them as i havent got the log book through yet, would it be wise to mention the keys? i bought the car near derby so they would have had a good drive to get it

Ursula said:
it was a big chunky blue key to get in and a little black key to open the passenger door and start the engine, i have mobile numbers and email addresses for the seller, i was going to get in contact with them as i havent got the log book through yet, would it be wise to mention the keys? i bought the car near derby so they would have had a good drive to get it

You haven't got the log book from who? The seller or the DVLA?

StiloSport said:
You haven't got the log book from who? The seller or the DVLA?

from DVLA, so i was going to check that she had actually sent the slip to them

This could be the previous owner taking the car, and if they had a spare key that they didnt give to you, then thats how they took the car.

Try looking in your local papers/autotrader for it - usually the ad will have a mobile number only.

Don't know if it's any help, but Southend Police were stopping all 'boy racer' type cars on Eastern Avenue in Southend (on their way to the seafront) on Saturday night. Long shot, but they may have stopped the car, cos they had quite a collection of them when we went past.

You never know, if it was joyriders after a nice car they would be stupid enough to show it off, especially as Ilford isn't too far from Southend.

Will keep my eyes open - hope you get it back - thieving b**tards!!!

Jetsfan5 said:
Don't know if it's any help, but Southend Police were stopping all 'boy racer' type cars on Eastern Avenue in Southend (on their way to the seafront) on Saturday night. Long shot, but they may have stopped the car, cos they had quite a collection of them when we went past.

You never know, if it was joyriders after a nice car they would be stupid enough to show it off, especially as Ilford isn't too far from Southend.

Will keep my eyes open - hope you get it back - thieving b**tards!!!

Thank you!

i live on the eastern avenue so if they kept going in that direction from my flat it wouldnt have taken long to get to southend i'll try and upload some pics

Ursula said:
Thank you!

i live on the eastern avenue so if they kept going in that direction from my flat it wouldnt have taken long to get to southend i'll try and upload some pics

Photos would be good!! Will let friends etc know to look out for it.

i am a bit of a techno retard so can anyone help me post the pics?

also i havent asked for CCTV footage, the car could have been stolen anytime between 11 pm last sunday and 7 pm last monday, i think it was sunday night as i didnt notice the car on my way out on monday morning, but as i never get the same parking spot twice, i never think to look out for it

if this has worked these are recent photos of Sophie (the car)

Attachments

• Sophie1.jpg
    Sophie1.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Sophie2.jpg
    Sophie2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Sophie3.jpg
    Sophie3.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Sophie4.jpg
    Sophie4.jpg