Idling problem after cam sensor replacement

Currently reading:
Idling problem after cam sensor replacement

R

Roy

After blowing injector 1, replacing it, then the several others and the fuel rail, before trapping the wire for the cam sensor between the manifold i had to replace the cam sensor. having ordered a crank sensor by mistake i figured it wouldnt be a bad idea to stick that on at the same time. The initial problem with the cam sensor was erratic idling where it would rev between 1k and 3k when it got up to temperature, having cured the cam sensor and injectors i am now having troble where she wont idle. she runs nice but just drops outwithout any persuasion from the throttle. Bravo 1.6 16v (182b600, listed as stilo engine as far as i can tell) any help at all?????

have you tried clean the air flow sensor?? its on the inlet manifold. i cleaned mine after it was idling ruff and using alot of fuel. its much better now after cleaning

ANDY

02 marea weekend 100sx 7 SEATER
current mileage: 63601
Bigger is
much better

IMG-20101113-00005copy-1.jpg

Another mot done 6 mots and a few advisories the old girl is looking good

Check out my Members Page for a list of the full mods

http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/members/367andykent.htm

No i havent yet, that will be the next attempt to cure it. Thanks

I positioned the new cam sensor as per the position of the one I removed, I didn't actually fit the crank sensor myself as my friend did that while I fiddled about up top, would the positioning of the crank sensor leave her feeling a bit grumpy? I have cleaned the throttle body with some injector cleaner and awaiting diag as I cant move her due to running out of tax & test while being sat on the drive. 1 faulty injector has cost me new plugs and leads, injectors, fuel rail, coil pack and new cam and crank sensors. If I have to put anymore money into her i think our lass is going to kill me, please help.....