idiot driver, 'runaway prius'

Currently reading:
idiot driver, 'runaway prius'

Bascially, Prius = hatefilled 'economical' box.

And you know that how?

Because you read it somewhere or saw it somewhere on TV?

Or because you have done several thousand miles in one?

The same could well be said of many of the cars people on here drive.....

Admittedly, I used to hold the same opinions of them. But I now think they're hated with no reason and are a good choice of car for many of those who point and laugh at them from their 'glass house' - usually a similarly hateful diesel repmobile.

And you know that how?

Because you read it somewhere or saw it somewhere on TV?

Or because you have done several thousand miles in one?

The same could well be said of many of the cars people on here drive.....

Admittedly, I used to hold the same opinions of them. But I now think they're hated with no reason and are a good choice of car for many of those who point and laugh at them from their 'glass house' - usually a similarly hateful diesel repmobile.

Its not so much agaisnt that perticular car, its more towards any kind of 'eco' car.

I've had many cars over the years and none have polarised opinion like the Prius.

People are either really interested in them or absolutely hate them. There's very little middle ground.

Most amusing thing about owning one is that they're a lot quicker than people expect them to be.... especially away from the lights where the CVT and electric motor get them away very rapidly, whilst most drivers are wrestling with the gear changes....

is it anymore econmical, from a bigger picture world kinda way?

You may get more MPG from it, but it's not from oil so isn't comparable to petrol/diesel with regards to impact and MPG.

the Focus was the 1.6TDCI and wouldn't top 38mpg

I've got access to a focus 1.6 TDCI and often return well over 40mpg, and that's thrashing the nuts off it (wait for the little red up arrow in 1st 2nd and 3rd).

You might have had a dodgy one (n)

Just like those Prius owners that have dodgy software ;)

LPG aint eco friendly. Just better than diesel and petrol.

No vehicle is 100% eco friendly TBH though.

Compared to ULS Petrol
  • 11% to 13% less carbon dioxide
  • 15% to 80% less oxides of nitrogen
  • 20% to 40% less hydrocarbons
  • 30% to 35% less carbon monoxide
Above based on recent tests undertaken at Millbrook
is it anymore econmical, from a bigger picture world kinda way?

You may get more MPG from it, but it's not from oil so isn't comparable to petrol/diesel with regards to impact and MPG.

Get Less MPG. And its a bi-product of crude oil refinery in the main so I'd have said its comparable.

Back