General i want to modify an x19 but need advise

Currently reading:
General i want to modify an x19 but need advise

soapstar2ooo

hi guys hope you can help me first job im going to be looking at is upgrading the brakes to punto gts on the front with green stuff pads, what are the chances that they will fit? also im changeing the rims + tyres i was thinking 15 inch and low profile tyres im not going to change the overall height of the wheel just the rim my question is though what width can i go up to (im fitting the wide arch kit) on the front and back?, "i would like to have fatter tyres on the back" and last of all for now anyway can power steering be fitted? many thanks for any help you can give

if i remember right after reading this forum. i'm sure fiat uno turbo brakes are a good upgrade (y)

Powersteering:confused: the x1/9 handles/controls you don't need power steering....if you find it hard to turn then grow bigger muscles.....it's alot cheaper ;) lol.

Dallara bodykit? you buy it from CASCU? if yes then i would advise you going through my thread called something like "some of the mods done to my car" it shows the whole process of me fitting the bodykit and has loads of advise of people for the project along the way

hope it helps :)

Last edited:
1. Use Fiat Uno front brake calipers, they have exactly the same cylinder bore as the X1/9 calipers but remember you need the mounting brackets as well.

2. Use EBC black road pads not green stuff pads - the road pads are the old V1 green stuff, the new v2 green stuff isn't as good on the road for everyday usage.

3. If the X1/9 steering is too heavy then there is something wrong, probably the tyres are underinflated, the bushes are worn or it is just out of alignment. It will never be ultra light but it should never feel heavy. Don't fit a smaller steering wheel or if your car has one change it back to the original.

4. the rim width will depend on which bodykit you go for. As standard you don't want more than a 185 width tyre front and rear. Keep in mind that fatter tyres on the rear change the way the car behaves, if you find it is a little tail happy try running the rear tyres at about 3psi lower than the front and see if that gets it where you want.

Back