Technical I think my clutch is knackered?

Currently reading:
Technical I think my clutch is knackered?

slf_16

Hey everybody, Well im back again (didnt think it would be so soon though). I've still got a problem with the Rocker Head Gasket leaking oil but thats only small so I choose to ignore it for the moment.
I've also managed to develop another new issue, this time with the clutch. Whenever I push the clutch in all the way and hold it, it starts to squeek after a few seconds, its a high pitch squeek and if I dont have the radio on its really noticable (so Im keeping the radio on for a while now :))
I've also found that when I let out the clutch it stops at one point and If I let it out even more it starts again and eventually stops when out all the way.
The Guy that I bought the car off said that he had the entire clutch replaced prior to me buying it (but I think hes telling porkies), can the clutch be adjusted (as I've seen some other posts saying that it may be hydrolic rather than cable)or do I just resign myself and get it replaced?

Punto 55SX

Replace the clutch before you replace the gearbox aswell! I have seen these clutches shatter and jam up and then put a whole through the side of the box. The only punto's that have cables are LHD!

Apperently all puntoes made before 1997 or something like that have cable. Mine is a 96 year model, made summer 95 or something like that and it have cable and not hydralic. Its a 75SX.

Back