I need YOUR help!!

Currently reading:
I need YOUR help!!

police have been dispersing groups all over the country for many years so it makes no difference in reality. my town had this issue without a dispersal order, the police would still ask you to move on, we had a 7 person rule, if there were 7 or more people the police would move you on and tell you to keep out of sight, even if you were reading shakespeare in a public place.

the mature way to deal with this is to gather is a suitable area, somewhere out of sight where joe public wont complain to the police. then you can do wtf you want in peace, even handbrake turns and reverse 180s. as long as you dont go crazy you'll have no problems, but if trouble makers join in then the police wont be far behind.

industrial estates are the best place for boyracers to gather on an evening, not mcdonalds carpark.

Last edited:
I live in Swindon, so I can see both sides. I work in an industrial estate and we have had to have special barriers installed to stop "innocent" gatherings on our hardstand, particularly as we have thousands of pounds worth of vehicles parked there, as well as a diesel storage tank, which could have catastrophic consequences in the event of an accident.

The mess left behind is unbelievable, apart from the cost of removing all the tyre residue. Island bollards knocked over, empty take away containers, cans, broken glass everywhere, warehouse alarms triggered by the vibrations of sound systems/exhausts.

I also have to park in a carpark in the centre of Swindon on some nights of the week as I have a night job as well. I have to say that I find it very scary walking back to my car when these groups of people have gathered.

I feel sorry for the people who genuinely want to just get together, but unfortunately there are always the hangers-on who spoil it for everyone.

I used to belong to a car club and we applied to and were granted access to a sports venue, on the proviso that we would be liable for any mess or damage. Worked a treat, and kept out the trouble makers.

Last edited:
Us British moan like hell - but rarely do anything about it. I wasnt going to sit back and take it without a fight.

:)

You got that one right ..good luck with the fight (y)

Still think stilosaz would have been good ;)

What happen to ones human rights? As long as ones not causing lots of noise, or danger to ones self or other people whats wrong with there being a group of more than 7 people together?

Its a disaster ready to happen which quite often is the case with these young pimply faced max power drivers :bang:. They feel the need to show off and things get taken way too far.

I saw a gang beating at teeside park a while back on the way out the cinema one burbery cap wearing moron was slamming someones head in the door of his corsa :rolleyes: then others joined in.

we have had a smilar thing setup in nottinghamshire for about the past 6 months, no more than 4 modified cars allowed in same place or convoy other wise you get served with an injunction.

stupid idea, your only going to get them to move somewhere else, doesn't solve anything.

for example, setup an area where you can meet up, like we did in Mansfield FC car park, and have police patrolling the area for them odd few who drive like plonkers.

we have had a smilar thing setup in nottinghamshire for about the past 6 months, no more than 4 modified cars allowed in same place or convoy other wise you get served with an injunction.

stupid idea, your only going to get them to move somewhere else, doesn't solve anything.

for example, setup an area where you can meet up, like we did in Mansfield FC car park, and have police patrolling the area for them odd few who drive like plonkers.

Yeah but while there busy moving there not in large gangs and don't have time to fight. How would you suggest you combat the problem?.

If you are casually driving about and you get one of these and you were not gathering or intending to gather then if you get a sec 59 take it to court and win.
There is no right of appeal against an S59 order, so you can't take it to court.

You paid your road tax and insurance. You can drive anywhere you want.
No you can't. Tax, insurance and a valid licence only gets you the right to drive and park within the law.

Just because they have promulgated the fact about this order, it may infact not have been applied for, applied for correctly or actually exist - usually the case as councils can't afford to. Typical example is Hants county council, applied to shut a greenlane for use by all vehicles, just because the adjacent landowner was fed up of 4x4, trail bikes using it, but never used it themselves. Those that used it objected and it was dropped like hot coals. Again in the courier world, things like this are common, some motorcycle bays are shut willy nilly, and when contested always won as the council have not applied the correct procedure. At our local hotspot the police tolerated it for ages but when the racing on public highways took place it was nailed. Personally, if well behaved then the police shouldn't have a problem, and just show up to have a chat and look at the cars, and if there are no complaints then the council will be hard justified to obtain the order.

Unfortunately we just live in a society where everyone seems to complain about anything.

Whethers it because they have nothing better to do or like doing it.

Perhaps you should consider setting up a area to go.

Im my town the 'cruisers' meet in a car park after about 8 and i regularly see police around, so as long as its under control.

I do see the other side though, i work on an out of town industrial estate and it becomes a race track at night.

Surely someone could make some serious money by setting a small track or gathering and charge a small membership in the midlands. That way it'd be on private land and you could stop unrulely behaviour.

All you need is some tarmac out in nowhere.

Matt

Last edited:
S59 is part of the Police Reform Act and applies nationally throughout England and Wales. There is no need for the local council to apply or make a special order of any kind for it to be used. Local councils often pass bylaws, which are only valid within the council area to deal with what they consider to be nuisance, these do need an order.

The point about public liability insurance is an important one. If someone organises a meet, even by just posting a message that they will be at a particular car park and would like to meet other drivers, they can be held liable for injuries caused or sued for compensation over noise, damage to road surface etc. Bills of that kind can run into hundreds of thousands of pounds.

If someone organises a meet, even by just posting a message that they will be at a particular car park and would like to meet other drivers, they can be held liable for injuries caused or sued for compensation over noise, damage to road surface etc. Bills of that kind can run into hundreds of thousands of pounds.

No wonder these kind of events happen then, if there were organised patrolled meets in most big towns then surely this wouldnt happen.

Back