I need YOUR help!!

Currently reading:
I need YOUR help!!

PuntoSaz

Punto Biatch!!
Hello everyone - i don't post often, im a busy girly!!

BUT as one car lover to another... i really need your help.

our police and council in Swindon have put a dispersal order on the whole town centre of swindon and no more than 2 'modified' cars (including mine with only tints!!) are allowed together after working hours at a time. if that makes sense.

I went all out and got a 2 page spread in our local paper today, here is the online version: (the pic is me in my friends lupi gti)

http://www.adver.co.uk/display.var.1675590.0.dont_drive_us_down_say_car_modifiers.php

i know the site name is gay but we have bought new URLS that will link to my site and sound less, ummmm, chavy as it were. (tsc-cc is new one)

my plight is this...

the paper set up a voting system:

Is the town dispersal order fair:

yes = 0901 2210271
No = 0901 2210272

no is the option i'd love you to vote for!! no worries if you dont but even if just 1 of you does - its 1 more than if i didnt post on here...

Us British moan like hell - but rarely do anything about it. I wasnt going to sit back and take it without a fight.

:)

apparently there is but i cant find it?!

i just rang it off my work phone and it didnt tell me how much it will cost. lastest about 6 seconds.

its because the dispersal order includes druggies & drunkies. tarring us all with the same brush....

That's just stupid :mad: .
If this does go through hopefully the police will use common sense and concentrate their efforts on getting rid of real trouble makers.
If there's a big problem with drunks and druggies they'll have their hands full anyway.

You got my vote. No it just isn't fair.

We were told the other day for meeting on a car park nowhere near any residential area and out of work hours and were told we were making too much noise. Who cares if no1 is around to hear it. They said nobody had reported us they were just asking us to move along of their own accord.

So basically the plod wanted us to move from a carpark before 11 O'clock for making too much noise when the stereo equipment probably couldn't reach the maximum Db limit.

They are just doing it to wind us up methinks.

However when a gang of kids sit outside the shop and smash some guys head in with a hammer they ain't bothered about moving them on, oh no.

Nice one a$$ H0|_3$

[/Rant]

If you are casually driving about and you get one of these and you were not gathering or intending to gather then if you get a sec 59 take it to court and win.

You paid your road tax and insurance. You can drive anywhere you want.

Up middle finger, I'd go for a spin everyday hoping they tried to fine me. See what they will get.

boyracers gathering in car parks is not wanted by the majority of people, when it happens in a town centre it is on show to the public, with that in mind there is nothing wrong with a dispersal order including boyracers in the town centre. if i lived there i'd be in favour.

Majority only mind when the gathering is in a residential area as modified cars often make more noise then usual and "Boy Racer" meets often last into the early hours of the morning when people have to sleep for work which is understanable.

But from what I understand of this, the local council have just said no modified cars in town? so what if it was like my work place where a few people own modified cars? How would we all drive to work if we were all working the same day?

What about if we were shopping or going clubbing and we all happened to park in the same supermarket car park to go shopping, what could the police or anyone else say, that were were causing or intending to cause a disturbance?

Prove it, I'll see you in court with my reciept for cookies and milkshake!

But from what I understand of this, the local council have just said no modified cars in town? so what if it was like my work place where a few people own modified cars? How would we all drive to work if we were all working the same day?
a dispersal order doesnt apply to vehicles in motion, or unattended vehicles, it simply means the police can disperse the boyracers when they gather in carparks. the order is to disperse groups of people gathering in a certain area, it can usually apply to any group of people, including half a dozen schoolkids gathering on a street corner (its most common use) or a group of drunken lads standing outside a pub or a few pensioners having an outdoor chess championship. how it is enforced will depend on people's behavior, it will be used where it is needed, in this case that obviously includes dealing with the local boyracer problem.

Last edited:
a dispersal order doesnt apply to vehicles in motion, or unattended vehicles, it simply means the police can disperse the boyracers when they gather in carparks. the order is to disperse groups of people gathering in a certain area, it can usually apply to any group of people, including half a dozen schoolkids gathering on a street corner (its most common use).

I see I see... Well tha puts things in a different perspective.

Organised car meeets yes... unorganised car meets maybe but the police should use common sense when enforcing sec 59.

If it gets out of hand then end it I say. I've been at some car meets where the police released the dogs. I tried my best to casually walk away, then hid in my car for about an hour as it was not parked with the rest of them, itwere on a side street but the police had all exits blocked. That were not cool and it was an organised meet that just got a bit rowdy!

As for the Druggies and Drunkards then disperse them all the time.

Back