I lied

Currently reading:
I lied

:D

It's not all work for this trip as 2 speakers failed to turn up and we finished early yesterday. Just for once I've been able to get out and see the city I'm visiting and Budapest is pretty damn nice.

Got a few pictures but photobucket is being slow so I'm post them later

Pictures as promised

Castle Buda

Budapest%20026.jpg

View from Castle Buda

Budapest%20045.jpg

Last day today and fly home tomorrow. Fed up with talking about science so can't wait

Looks nice, and good weather too, is it hot?

Stuart said:
Looks nice, and good weather too, is it hot?

Not really, it was meant to be 17 C that day but the wind meant it was cooler. I'm not bothered though as I can't stand the heat plus since then we've spent most of our time inside anyway

lowered-punto said:
Yeah nice but one thing no fiats hahaha

[whisper]there's other things in life than just fiats[/whisper] ;)

Unsurprisingly there's lots of centos, mk2s and old style bravos about and not as many GPs, 500s and new-style bravos. They don't seem very loved though and are very much a means of getting from a to b. There's also a lack of modified cars in general which I find surprising and can only conclude they don't really care about motors.

What I have discovered on this trip is that one of our project monitors is a car nut who does track days in Australia with his stripped out mx5. That provided me with a nice respite from science talk for a while :D

Have a picture of Castle Buda at night :green:

20151001_203915.jpg

I can highly recommend Budapest for a visit and will be going back next year hopefully to see more of it. It's really cheap too which appeals to me and my constant car bills :roll:

The city has some stunning architecture which can be incredibly beautiful but also shabby chic. One of our contacts lives there and took us to a bar in an abandoned building. They're called ruin pubs and spring up in condemned buildings before relocating again when the bulldozers finally move in. It's a completely fascinating city and I didn't get to spend nearly enough time exploring it. Damn work!

Back