I hate public transport because..

Currently reading:
I hate public transport because..

Martyn said:
Complete the sentance....mine? ...Primarily cos the bus drivers are the moodiest, most over paid bunch of lay abouts known to man. They also have no concept of the Bus Stop :tosser:

or looking in their Mirrors

or right of way

or very few road rules for that matter

because......

you ususally end up with the last seat on the b..b...b.... bloody thing, and its garanteed to be stinking of **** and next to a junkie!!

you loose your independance cos it is stuck to one route, so the company is treating you like sheep (a company that is part financed by the govornment)

they are ALWAYS late, even if you get on at your stop 2 or 3 mins early, they are contracted to be half hour late!!!

They dont even operate round my area, so i have to fork out for another car, and had to put the wife through her test so she could travel into town, which she then gets charged an absolute fortune to park!!!

We are told to use the busses because they are 'greener' for the enviroment, well, ex-****ing-cuse me Mr Gordon ****ing Brown, cant remember the last time my car spewed stupid amounts of thick black smoke into the street, so much that it comes into the car through vents that arent even open!!!!

1) they make me wait to journey somewhere.

2) most, especially taxis NEVER EVER indicate. I mean, are they scared to wear out the bulbs or stalks?!

3) When I do have to get a night bus, they don't do the obvious of having a bouncer on the door to stop junkies/drunk "about to puke" types and the like onboard.

4) Compared to almost every European public transport system, ours right royally sucks.

5) they get to be called green even though most pollute more than any other vehicle on the road (as Stuarty said) - close vents when following mini buses.

6) Those damn bendy buses are a health hazard and almost crush cars on smaller round abouts.

7) stupidly idiotic boundary charges for paranoid taxi drivers picking up people late at night - £20 surcharge before getting in the taxi in Glasgow to go 15 miles to Paisley, meaning a £35 taxi ride!

8) small talk in cabs - I'm sorry, I can't be arsed.

9) idiotic neds - they're everywhere, but always ALWAYS get on buses with the music blaring on their crap speakerphones or if they've been to the footy, they'll randomly start banging the bus windows and shouting lovely chants.

10) they're a necessary evil - it's what annoys me most. Why can't they just invent transporters and be done with it? I'd rather beam from outside a club to my bed rather than have to be stuck on a bus full of sweaty, annoying, loud people for an hour to travel a couple of miles down the road.

...and that's my top ten :D

I think that, so far, most of my hates of the bus/taxi system have been covered.

Living in rural Aberdeenshire I'm used to Stagecoach picking up/dropping off when you stick your hand out. I think in most cities this is accepted practice? Certainly at the stops at least...Not in Aberdeen it seems.

Went through to see the tax man and have a look round this new shopping place thats just opened up. So left the car at the p...p....par.....I just can't say it. Anyway, the journey in was fine but on the way back it seemed no bus stop in a 3 mile walk would display a park and ride sign. The first one I finally did find, none of the busses would stop. Despite my arm being stuck out indicating I want on the b...b....thing. Every single driver (3 busses in 5 minutes I swer) pointed to the next stop, effectively telling me to eff off in the process. Did they slow down or wait at the next stop? Did they balls!

In the end I just put my hand in my pocket and borded the bus of another operator, despite having my return ticket! The lesson, Park and Rides a bloody waste of time!

Sure as **** wont be using public transport any time soon!

Even if I am nipping in town for 5 minutes I always take that car, I used to work in town so had to leave the car and bus it 3 times a week.
Some of the people on the bus seem like they have saved up all week for the ride, sitting in their clothes that are surely older than I am, wreeking of **** and sitting chatting away to them selfs AND THEN they look at you as though you are off your effin head :nutter:

Martyn said:
I think that, so far, most of my hates of the bus/taxi system have been covered.

Living in rural Aberdeenshire I'm used to Stagecoach picking up/dropping off when you stick your hand out. I think in most cities this is accepted practice? Certainly at the stops at least...Not in Aberdeen it seems.

Went through to see the tax man and have a look round this new shopping place thats just opened up. So left the car at the p...p....par.....I just can't say it. Anyway, the journey in was fine but on the way back it seemed no bus stop in a 3 mile walk would display a park and ride sign. The first one I finally did find, none of the busses would stop. Despite my arm being stuck out indicating I want on the b...b....thing. Every single driver (3 busses in 5 minutes I swer) pointed to the next stop, effectively telling me to eff off in the process. Did they slow down or wait at the next stop? Did they balls!

In the end I just put my hand in my pocket and borded the bus of another operator, despite having my return ticket! The lesson, Park and Rides a bloody waste of time!

:Mr-T: will ban yu for this thread
how many times have u sworn

Martyn said:

grrrrr

im like the all seeing eye, allways watching, forever seeing

How can I sum up Public Bl**dy transport???

1) Blinkin Expensive, a week's gold rider thingy from Symington to Ayr £18:thumb_down:, I'd use less petrol than that.

2) Slow, 25minutes to get to Ayr from home.

3) ALWAYS LATE does my head in, you wait at the stop at least 5mins before the bus is due and about 15mins later it turns up.

4) Inconvient, No bus from Ayr to Symington after 10:30pm, and yet down in England where I used to live the lats bus home for me was 11:05PM.

5) Annoying, you have to listen to Old grannies yaking on about the wether, and little kids screaming their heads off, even my CD Walkman couldn't drown them out.

The drivers are grumpy old G*t's, my bus broke dwon on Sunday in Monkton, and the driver told us all to get off and wait in the rain for the next bus and there wasn't even a bus shelter, so I was late for work and got a bollocking for something that wasn't even my fault :furious:

I hate Public Transport as much as evreyone else on here.

Back