Technical I am not immune!!

Currently reading:
Technical I am not immune!!

Har Har! It finally happened to me!!

Taking Nipper to nursery, pushed clutch and bang!! cable snapped. Pedal stayed on floor :D

Managed to clutchless change it to the car park, rolled it backwards into a space, and take nipper in. Actually managed to start it in first to get away (advantages of having a light car and close ratio gearing :) ), drove back to folks house again without the clutch. Fortunately managed to employ services of parent to go fetch new cable - now all fixed!

Pic of broken cable below, I understand they all go here:
2-picture1.jpg

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/

we have no sympathy for you - your car was broken for a total of what 8 hrs?

if you go without it for another week, and say 'um we are having difficulty finding the parts' a few times we will feel for you!!

(also i hate ppl who have the ability to fix their own car[xx(])

GONE IN 60 MINS

um, no - bust cable at 12:45, drove it back all fixed to collect him at 14:45 today.

Eight hours for a clutch cable? ooooohhhh no!

:D

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/

u think u have got it bad!

Well u know how i had that problem of the little plastic triangle goin well the cable went a week later got that fixed from fiat for £48 well 2day just dropped off my girlfriend went to pull away and BANG!! i knew straight away what it was GRRRR went to fiat to realise that on the reciet they gave my dad it said clutch problem needs fixing or cable will keep snappin! Had a go at my dad for not tell me!! So fiat have picked up the car and fixing a whole NEW CLUTCH!! £256 whole pounds worth of repairs! This car is seemin very exspensive!!

Has anyone else had a replacement clutch if so how much u pay!?

cheers

Andy

Cinq Sporting//ICE-Sony M600R//10cm Kenwoods//6x9 Sony//JBL GT3-10''sub//JBL GTO2000 amp!!

Well i kno i wudn't pay that much as u can pick up performance clutches 4 the cinq 4 £79. Hmm i've never had this problem with my car (touch wood) and i do cain my car ahwell when i adjusted my cable it looks like my clutch is coming 2 the end of its life and it feels it [V]

FIAT CinqueCento = Recycled Ferrari :D

jonna83- dont suppose u have any links or addy for places to get cheaper parts cus fiat are phoning us to secure everythign 2moro and we can easily go somewhere else for it to be fitted!

cheers

Andy

Cinq Sporting//ICE-Sony M600R//10cm Kenwoods//6x9 Sony//JBL GT3-10''sub//JBL GTO2000 amp!!

QH clutches are good quality too!

Steve

Drives a Panda 1000CL [:0] but still has a sense of humour!

(I'm on [email protected] and [email protected])

1989 Fiat Panda 1000CL
Electronic Distributor
Metamec copper brake pipes
Currently immobile with a knackered gearbox and mouldy upholstery ;)
Replacement 5-speed 'box and new QH clutch in garage ready to fit
and is likely to remain there for some time yet due to my EXTREME
LAZINESS (and it's cold and wet out there - okay, so I'm a wimp) ...

Back