Hunting for frost

Currently reading:
Hunting for frost

Woke up this morning to find the ground covered in frost with a gorgeous clear blue sky. What better weather to go shooting some wintery scenes :D

Ive gone a little againced the laws of photography in these piccies and shot into the sun. Mosty becuase it creates gorgeous shadows and bluer skies. I also shot a little under exposed to get detail in the sky and make the shots a little more contrasty. Makes for moody and gloomy pics but I think it works well :)

Anyway, heres some of the results :

DSC_0005.jpgDSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0013.jpgDSC_0018.jpg
DSC_0021.jpgDSC_0022.jpg
DSC_0034.jpgDSC_0044.jpg
DSC_0048.jpgDSC_0052.jpg
DSC_0057.jpg

And my particular favourite of the day :

DSC_0030.jpg

Love this as the sheep are just in darkness with the sun lighting there breath. Looks nice and cold :D Plus I just think its really well composed! Quite funny as when I got out of the car, there were just 2 sheep. Within about 3 minutes there were about 30... all barring really loud at me :eek: I ran away lmao :D

Last edited:
Woke up this morning to find the ground covered in frost with a gorgeous clear blue sky. What better weather to go shooting some wintery scenes :D

Ive gone a little againced the laws of photography in these piccies and shot into the sun. Mosty becuase it creates gorgeous shadows and bluer skies. I also shot a little under exposed to get detail in the sky and make the shots a little more contrasty. Makes for moody and gloomy pics but I think it works well :)

Anyway, heres some of the results :

And my particular favourite of the day :

Love this as the sheep at just in darkness with the sun lighting there breath. Looks nice and cold :D Plus I just think its really well composed! Quite funny as when I got out of the car, there were just 2 sheep. Within about 3 minutes there were about 30... all barring really loud at me :eek: I ran away lmao :D

Wow i like the pics are you a pro?

also wtf is that weird sculpture thingy? (the one of that with the light in the middle is my fav)(y)

nice work :D

my fav is the shot with the sun through the middle of (i'm guessing is) the JCB sculpture thingy. the sheep one is a close second though (y)

to scare sheep away, just say Dw i’n dy garu di.

They are lovely, well done. My favourite is the sun thru the frosty leaves (the one next to the sculpture), looks excellent when you make it bigger :)

Last edited:
They look lovely, quite inviting for a walk in the cold

nice work., i hate to have the sun in the pics but as you said you wanted to go against the grain a little., i like the 4th one in particular with the overhanging tree.,

Looking forward to some frost and hopefully snow to go out photographing in. So far, so elusive. Great pics dude, would've gone quite nicely in the photography project I submitted at uni last week.

I adore the photo of the monument with the sun coming through! The starburst is amazing! I hope you dont mind, but I downloaded it and had a play in CS3. I lowered the contrast, increased brightness, and increased saturation and it brings a whole new aspect to it!

i was wondering if bushboy had altered owt.

nice to see the blue sky coming through, did you use a filter or was it purely exposure technique?

Back