Punto.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Humble Punto

Introduction

Only just bought 2 months ago cant wait to get it lookin nice.

I dont want a full body kit but i do want nice skirts, will it look dumb?

Will also be gettin alloys and mirrors
Yeah it's 2 year old.

No im not into big chunky chav style. I want to keep a feminine touch to it!!

What do you mean good luck with the mirrors. Is it hard to get different ones for them.

Your car looks great btw ;)

Last edited:
Its the base plates or fitting kits for the mirrors that are a pain in the arse to get hold of, some people have gone to bodyshops to get them fitted but costs more. But I think there is someone who is developing new plates for the mk2......

Thanks for comment :D

What alloys have you got in mind?

Pity cause they were the first things I was planning on getting rid of. Nice colour coded bumpers, and then these black cheap bendy lookin mirrors!!

Im not 100% decided on the alloys yet, thinkin of somethin like these, but not these exact ones. Id like the spokes a bit skinnier. Any suggestions as to what looks good?

Attachments

• Alloy.JPG
    Alloy.JPG
    3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Yes i like the second ones they are kina what i had in mind. Yeah defo goin for 17", it's the profile that confuses me a bit, i know you can choose for yourself, but is there a certain size that suits certain cars the best.

Sorry for all the questions, im an amateur :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You can get different profiles etc.... but for the Punto mk2, most people use 205/40/17 tyres. They fit straight on with no rubbing. Also when you're buying the alloys make sure you get the correct PCD. Standard Fiat wheels use 4x98 (the space between the 4 wheel bolts) but the new alloys will have a PCD of 4x100 and to make these fit you'll need some wobble bolts.

The shop where you get them from should sort it all out for you when you tell them what car theyre going on anyways :)

Yeah im sure they will, im always paranoid about looking dumb and being ripped off when i got into car shops, even if im just buying a bulb!!! I mite dress up as a man!!!

All's i have to do now is save up some euros :eek:

be warned 8v punto's have drum brakes on the rear and it shows with open spoke designs like those
also you will drastically slow down your car
otherwise good luck with it

Like wolfracepunto said the car is not exactly an animal to go to begin with, so id rather have nice wheels than a bit more speed!! And my last car was a punto aswell and it wasnt as if it was a whole lot slower when i got alloys for it.

Yeah thats euros, but i still didnt pay 6900 for it I got it for 5700!!! A bargain, when they're selling for 7500 in fiat garages.

Remember €5700 is about £3970

By the way what are the drum brakes you's were talking about??

Back