HU Recommendations

Currently reading:
HU Recommendations

ne1l

Established member
Right I just got a hefty bonus from work and I am looking to spend some of it on my ICE set-up.

Regards HU's!! Which do you people recommend. I am looking for one that, with upgraded speakers all round and sub/amp package, will give best sound for general but also mainly dance/rock type music. Has a built in ipod compatability and also has bluetooth for the ability to link my phone to it so I can use my phone via the Hu and hear my phone through the cars speakers!!

Price will not be an issue as the half of my bonus I plan to use will more than cover the cost of even the most expensive HU

I have used Alpine and pioneer before and was very pleased with their performance. Do they make one with the specs I am looking for now??

Help and advice appriciated

Ta!!

P.S. At the moment it's a Mk2 Punto with Standard ICE Set-up

ne1l said:
Price will not be an issue as the half of my bonus I plan to use will more than cover the cost of even the most expensive HU

What job do you do? Having £1.5K+ bonuses sounds really tempting :)

Anything by Nakamichi, Becker, Alpine, Pioneer etc will do :) They are all pretty good at the higher price ranges :)

ok so if you want iPod connectivity then i reccommend alpine, it's full speed so no lag like other makes. but you dont get your bluetooth with that, on the other hand for another tonne you can have a bluetooth car kit fitted to your car. looks sweet and all you see is a little box with a couoke of buttons on it, that'll cut out your radio if the phone rings. if you wanted have a word with the guys at halfords, if you buy them together i'm sure they'll install it all in one go for free (the bluetooth kit is free fitting) so you can get the whole job done for about 250 quid. thats 199.99 for the alpine ipod hu and 100 for the bluetooth kit. both are prooving v.popular atm.

There are bluetooth hu's out there but they are poor imo. always coupled with ****ty units.

well thats my two cents, hope it helps
Owen

Ta I'll look it to it all.

Should I also keep my speakers and sub to the same make as my headunit for best performance or is it ok to mix and match to find the best set-up??

ne1l said:
Should I also keep my speakers and sub to the same make as my headunit for best performance or is it ok to mix and match to find the best set-up??

You can mix and match as you please :)

Back