General How's Every ones Bravo/a's getting on in this cold.

Currently reading:
General How's Every ones Bravo/a's getting on in this cold.

My 2001 Brava 1.2 sx has kept going through out this very cold period, i'm up in Scotland and it has been cold.....no bleedin baltic for weeks now.
One morning i thought it wasn't going to start as it was minus 18 (yikes) turned over very slowly but did fire up chugged for a wee while then was fine did take 30 secs for the oil to reach the top of the engine though!
The horn has stopped working and one morning the wipers wouldn't move but by lunchtime they had resumed normal service, can only think something was frozen.
Anyway tomorrow morning i will be out at half six scraping windows again to head off for work and hopefully my trusty Brava will get me there.
So glad i serviced the car before the winter and changed the anti-freeze!

Last edited:
The only problem i have is occasionally there is ice on the inside of the windscreen and thats about it, glad i changed the battery in November, really need to book it in for a service, although seeing as i dont know when the last one was and that it starts 9/10 in the cold it cant be that bad.

My 1.4 12v has started every time first time, always very quick on the turn the key.

And my 1.4 12V does.

Although I have got a squeak when very cold. don't know what it is I only changed the cam belt and tensioner in November. so I know that is ok i suspect waterpump? Although it only last for a couple of minutes then goes.

Had inside of windows freeze one morning, although my sisters octavia done the same. So really pleased with it (y)

No problems at all, except for my Handbrake being frozen 'off' for the last 2 weeks. Joys of having rear disc brakes with silly handbrake cables that seem to not keep water out. Heres pictures of my Bravo on Monday.

snowed.jpg

Back