Technical How to replace spark plugs on a Marea Weekend 1.9 JTD ?

Currently reading:
Technical How to replace spark plugs on a Marea Weekend 1.9 JTD ?

andreavda

Hi guys, my car is a Marea Weekend 1.9 JTD, I've been having some issues recently, no biggie, it's just that when outside the weather is hot, it won't start straight away, I have to try repeatedly for like 30 seconds and after that it'll start, however in cold weather no problem at all.
Since it's never been done, and thinking that this might be the problem, I'll replace the spark plugs myself, however I don't know if this is difficult or not.

I just read the maintenance manual:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1mlo7qgehqbqk3/How to replace spark plugs - Marea Weekend.pdf?dl=0

and it makes it look easy, I don't know if it's easy though.
My worst nightmare is if one of the spark plugs gets stuck inside, it's happened to lots of people and that's why tools specifically designed to remove the stuck plug were manufactured.
It's now a little more than 186'000 miles and it's never been done before, can you believe it ? In a forum I was told that I should first warm the car up so that it gets hot and I'll avoid having a stuck spark plug.

I genuinely hope that someone has already done it and that he/she can give me some advice.

unfortunately I'm not familiar with these british terms, but heater plug sounds good.
Anyway this is the picture, I hope it helps to clarify:
$T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7RTVBQ-VUGywkQ~~60_57.JPG

unfortunately I'm not familiar with these british terms, but heater plug sounds good.
Anyway this is the picture, I hope it helps to clarify:
$T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7RTVBQ-VUGywkQ~~60_57.JPG

Hi, YES,
that is a glow-plug,

they are located on the REAR of the engine,
remove the BLACK plastic cover, on top of engine
and follow the small cables to each glow-plug,

there will be a small nut ( 7 or 8 mm HEX)

undo this to uncouple from electrical supply,
then undo the glow-plug with a wrench ( like a spark-plug = "candela")

Charlie

Last edited:
Before taking them out, blow away any debris with compressed air, so nothing can fall into the engine after the glowplugs are out...

hi
here you have a nice tutorial on how to change the glow plugs on jtd
http://download.fiat-bg.org/Books/Bravo_Brava_Marea/JTD_Glow_Plugs.pdf

Hi, YES,
that is a glow-plug,

they are located on the REAR of the engine,
remove the BLACK plastic cover, on top of engine
and follow the small cables to each glow-plug,

there will be a small nut ( 7 or 8 mm HEX)

undo this to uncouple from electrical supply,
then undo the glow-plug with a wrench ( like a spark-plug = "candela")

Charlie

thanks to everyone, and thanks to you gaby for providing me with a tutorial, it seems really helpful, with lot of writing and pictures, unfortunately I don't understand bulgarian, I'll have to use Google Translator to have the writing translated into english, still I won't have any problems with that, I've used Google Translator for several languages, even with cyrillec alphabet, without an issue, in case there is something I don't really understand, I'll contact you, ok ?

Have any of you already tried replacing the glow plugs by yourselves ? I'm no mechanic expert, would you recommend this job to an average bloke ?

Back