General How to Remove Locks on my Mk1 Punto

Currently reading:
General How to Remove Locks on my Mk1 Punto

I would like to remove the locks from my punto but cant seem to know how to get them off. It has Electric Windows and central Locking. i have removed the Door Car to find that it is in a really difficult place to get to. Whats the best way to remove them?

door card off allens an screwies

weather shield off with Stanley blade slicing the glue don't rip it it has to go back to keep the weather out

pull clip from lock with small long nose moles best way

lock falls off in your hand 5 minutes job if your good

i would advise you don't remove them thou as you remote locking don't work remember

please don't ruin a perfectly good cabriolet bertone in red

if you remove them aswell you will HAVE to weld a plate in its place dont just filler it as someone will just punch it througth a boom theyve got your car takes 2 secs max

Cheer for that littlepip - Just want to remove them as i cant get a twig out of the lock and its been pushed right at the back of the lock. Thanks to my little cousin. Just thought it will be easier to get it out. Will be putting them back on dont worry :)

Cheer for that littlepip - Just want to remove them as i cant get a twig out of the lock and its been pushed right at the back of the lock. Thanks to my little cousin. Just thought it will be easier to get it out. Will be putting them back on dont worry :)

o good it's just the way you wrote it

someone recently on the forum locked them selves out the car due to a flat battery

i have made a guide on repairing dead locks after atacks with screwdriver or such that will show you detailed pictures on how to strip the lock allowing you access to the back were there is a hole that you can use to push out any debris

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-guides/123701-how-repaire-door-lock-thats-completly-buggered.html

Cheers for that. Yeah ive seen on the other Forum. Iam never going to De-Lock my punto. Just need to sort out the remote central locking. think i might just buy a kit and install it as i cant seem to find out what is wrong with the Factory fitted one.
That guide will come in very good use when i get the locks off. CHeers

if you look in the fuse box above the glove box there is a large yellow relay for the c/l it has 2 small pins on earthing either of these it will trigger lock unlock that's were you wana put your after market kit in on these to make it simple

the switches in the locks do exactly the same either earth one or the other

there are some kits like the meta m20 that i can't track down for myself there very rare that simply replace this relay also with one with remotes and an arial hanging out the back

Yeah That sounds like something i might try and find out as it would be so much easier, Bit like a Plug in Play Device. I will have a look and if i come across any i will let you know.

Back