Technical how to remove 500F rear flexible brake hose?

Currently reading:
Technical how to remove 500F rear flexible brake hose?

Attached picture is of my rear, passenger flexible brake hose on my '68 500F. I can disconnect it, but I can't figure out how to remove it from the brackets that are holding it in place. How is it supposed to come out? Thanks.

flex_brake.jpg

You push up on this clip in the direction shown.
1652507906450.png

It may be very tight, but it will move.

You push up on this clip in the direction shown.
View attachment 405853
It may be very tight, but it will move.
As "Mowil" has already mentioned, you remove the clip that he has marked. Give it a good sousing in WD40(or similar) 1st as itmight be very tight. The easiest way to remove it is to use a large 'flat' screwdriver (as against 'philips'or 'pk') in between the hose end and the flat of the spring and then twist the screwdriver. Remove the clips as carefully as you can, they are difficult to find (to replace)

Thanks! I thought those tabs might be part of a clip, but I'm working on my back under the car, and I can't get a good look at them. It will take a lot of WD-40 before they'll move, I'm sure!
I love the fact that I can ask a question on this forum at night and have answers from around the world before I wake up.

Thanks! I thought those tabs might be part of a clip, but I'm working on my back under the car, and I can't get a good look at them. It will take a lot of WD-40 before they'll move, I'm sure!
I love the fact that I can ask a question on this forum at night and have answers from around the world before I wake up.
Sadly, that only works for Forum members who are BEHIND us on a time zone!

Back