Styling How to paint calipers

Currently reading:
Styling How to paint calipers

I've just done my calipers in red look wicked!! thanks for guide was really helpful although unfortunatly i don't have a other half so had to clean the wheels myself (n)

Think this is a mod I may well do rather soon. Considering 3 colours...red or blue with perhaps a small chance of going for yellow.

Thought about yellow after seeing a silver Porsche 997 on Top Gear with carbon/ceramic brake option and it had yellow calipers. Looked good, but not sure how that'd translate to my 1.2 Stilo.

Red's a default I guess, but blue could me rather smart. Also thought I could mask it off and write "FIAT" in small white font on each of the calipers just to finish it off.

Anyway, I'll just continue to be indecisive about my colour choice for now :D

Just about to do this over the weekend (if the weather clears up :rolleyes:). One thing though, on the brake cleaner I have, it says I should regrease where appropriate with a suitable lubricant after I've cleaned it.

What kind of lubricant's best? I've got some STP Multi-purpose lubricant, but think it's oil based rather than silicone.

Just about to do this over the weekend (if the weather clears up :rolleyes:). One thing though, on the brake cleaner I have, it says I should regrease where appropriate with a suitable lubricant after I've cleaned it.

What kind of lubricant's best? I've got some STP Multi-purpose lubricant, but think it's oil based rather than silicone.

Ithink that Copper Brake Grease is the stuff you're after for greasing brakes (y)

just avoid over spray on the brake pads, i didn't grease mine after i cleaned them.
in fact i'm going to repaint my callipers tomorrow... ive got alot to do tomorrow... sunstrip, gauges, callipers, exhaust tip (maybe) i'll be busy

Was going to cover anything behind the calipers anyway so nothing went behind them when I was cleaning or painting them. Got pretty small brushes anyway, so should be able to make a neat job of them.

Might get some copper grease anyway, my back brakes are squealing a little, though it's died down over the last few days.

i did mine about 6-7 weeks ago it took me about 6 hrs to do the front and the same amount of time to do the back (3 layers ) i wanted to put another 2 layers on but ran out of time,would it be alright to do this now or have i left this to late..oh brake colours are copywright....lol

Last edited:
Yeah, those 2-tone do look interesting (y)

Did have an idea to do "FIAT" in white lettering over the red, but probably rather fiddly and may not have the time. Shall at least do the red this weekend (hopefully) and perhaps at a later date do the Fiat detailing :)

Well, I've finished them, took ages to do, but look pretty good. Missed out a bit on the back callipers, but looks fine I reckon.

Annoying though...the front driver's side wheel had the bolts over tightened, to the extent that the tyre wrench split at the top :eek: Got the Fiat dealership that tightened them up wrongly, to loosen the offending bolt and can pick up a new wrench from the scrappy for next to nothing.

Anyway, here's some of the process pics :) ...

ABCD0004aaa.JPG

ABCD00063.JPG

ABCD0003aaa.JPG

ABCD0002aaa.JPG

ABCD0001aaa.JPG

Back