General How to improve your Uno's performance in one hour...

Currently reading:
General How to improve your Uno's performance in one hour...

electricmice said:
I recently finished a strip down and rust hunt with my MkI and basically all I had left inside the car was dash, seat and steering wheel and the difference in performance was pretty f****** amazing. Under the carpet there's underfelt that's pretty heavy plus the thick cladding on the firewall that weighs a ton. After some welding and sorting, waxoil, mastic, sealant and new underfelt the car is all back together again ready for winter. As for the performance I'm not too bothered now cos with all the fumes from the chemicals I'm high as a kite and driving like my mum within minutes of being in the car...................................M.

You seen my project thread mate, mine is coming on good so far i think. :devil:

Yeah I had a good read up earlier, looks like she's coming together. You're a lucky guy to find one in the condition that you did. Was reading that you're looking for clear/red rear lenses like mine. I bought these in Italy a long long time ago when I had an Uno SX but I'll have a look around and see if they're still available. I should be going over there in a few weeks time. I'm actually looking for another Uno in white this time. My real favourite colour. Would prefer a left hand drive too cos I'm not so keen on right hand drive cars. You can tell with the Uno especially that they were meant to be left hookers. Front wiper sits on the wrong side, brake servo is fed by a bar across the bulkhead and the clutch cable sits in an awkward pulley to feed it across to the gearbox. Funnily enough I've recently spotted a black F-Reg Antiskid daily driver completely unmodded that I might make an offer on just to see what they say. We have to try and save as many as possible.

Speak soon.....................M.

Matteo, when you get your elusive white antiskid and fancy selling your red one let me know I might be interested. There is only one colour for a car in my opinion and that is red :)

Sorry but I could never part with her, the idea is to have 2 Unos, plus another car that is my real dream but that's a whole other forum. How's your MkII going? Are you intending to rust proof her? You should get onto it soon cos as we all know these winters destroy the poor things. Recently did mine which took about a week on and off................M.

electricmice said:
Sorry but I could never part with her, the idea is to have 2 Unos, plus another car that is my real dream but that's a whole other forum. How's your MkII going? Are you intending to rust proof her? You should get onto it soon cos as we all know these winters destroy the poor things. Recently did mine which took about a week on and off................M.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Part with ur beloved uno never - ur's really is clean but mines gettin there.
I left a post for u or my project mk1... going for a re-spray in a few weeks need side graphics made up.
I just done all underneath of my uno in seam sealer and underbody paint looks well mint and total rot free, mines garaged and will only come out in dry weather so it should last a few years yet, just think in 30 yrs time u still had a anti skid red uno just like me god they would be worth a mint, (y)
Keep up the good work on yours, you got any more pic's.... :yum:

electricmice said:

Shame, a red mk1 would be my ideal UT. The Mk2 hasn't progressed at all, just haven't had time to do much and with the nights closing in no time in the evenings either. I need to sell my motorbike and put the car in the garage with my dehumidifier over the winter to protect her.

Back