General How to fit Front Spoiler?

Currently reading:
General How to fit Front Spoiler?

The original front lower rubber spoiler was held on by large staples (just like a larger version of a paper staple).

For replacemant, ePER shows what looks like a 'U' shaped clip. Part number 46768065 at 0.42p each. The diagrams on ePER are notoriously inaccurate so I would want to see one before ordering 25 of them, just in case they still supply the staples that you wouldn't have the machine for.

Whether it would get knocked off again is for you to decide. :)

Dave.

You could try riveting them on, use some of those washers that fit over the rivet, should work a treat! Depends what damage you did by pulling the old one off...

Thats what I did, managed to rip half of the rubber strip off so jacked up the car and drilled some holes and used some screws complete with washers to fix it back on! Jobs a good-un! (y)

Thats what I did, managed to rip half of the rubber strip off so jacked up the car and drilled some holes and used some screws complete with washers to fix it back on! Jobs a good-un! (y)

May try that myself...mine is cracked and slightly wayward on one side. Though it has been that way since I got the car from Fiat 2 and a half years ago :rolleyes:

trying lowering your car then blasting down at 120 :p
nearly bounced off the road
That's the EXACT reason you should've uprated your dampers when you put those nice Eibach springs of yours on :(

The difference would have been chalk and cheese :p

Still, you should be a lot better with the new kit as you're getting new dampers this time :)

trying lowering your car then blasting down at 120 :p
nearly bounced off the road

You remind of the youth that was recently given an ASBO for bragging about his illegal car exploits on uTube.

Very good link at the top of the thread, i didnt know about that website.

Good to know it has most of the stilo parts! I think ill order a couple of wheel trims, one or two of mine are looking a little worse for wear.

Stilos are very low at the front imo, even standard. Mine finds it difficult to get up driveways without almost removing the black rubber spoiler on the bumper. Good job it is rubber! - It gets a lot of use :eek:

Ive seen a few stilos without them, i think its just a case they are low and catch on normal sized curbs. Seem pretty well held on though!

Ive seen a few stilos without them, i think its just a case they are low and catch on normal sized curbs. Seem pretty well held on though!
I came very close to pulling mine off on more than one occasion during the 6 mths it was lowered but it did survive (y)

Point to remember about the front spoiler is it's not the lowest point on the car and acts a bit like the cat's whiskers :D

I came very close to pulling mine off on more than one occasion during the 6 mths it was lowered but it did survive (y)

Point to remember about the front spoiler is it's not the lowest point on the car and acts a bit like the cat's whiskers :D

Hmm i know, the lowest point is the under tray and the air filter housing. Although the undertray bit only hangs down slightly, still, its easily cought :(

Sdould a 1.6 have a fill undertray? Mine has what looks like a tiny bit left, covering the cambelt and nothing else :confused:

Back