How to avoid..

Currently reading:
How to avoid..

Can anyone give me some really good tips on how to avoid the "chavvy" noise in cars, (E.G the constant 'borr' noise). Im just being nosey because I want to be able to make my car sound sportier, throatier, is the word i think, rather then generic like all of the other modified cars.

Can anyone give me some really good tips on how to avoid the "chavvy" noise in cars, (E.G the constant 'borr' noise). Im just being nosey because I want to be able to make my car sound sportier, throatier, is the word i think, rather then generic like all of the other modified cars.

If you dont want a constant grumble then an induction kit is your best bet, you can drive normally and it doesnt sound much different at all but when you put your foot down it growls like a beast lol

If you dont want a constant grumble then an induction kit is your best bet, you can drive normally and it doesnt sound much different at all but when you put your foot down it growls like a beast lol
Alright, I wouldn't mind a bit of a grumble, just nothing too over the top, I've been directed to powerflow sausts I'm just confused on whether to get just a backbox, or a full system, :/

get a K&N filter fitted more airflow

with tunning not much to avoid to noise as the basic tuning method is to get more flow.

more flow is established by changing flow characteristics

larger exhaust more noise as it changes resonance of exhaust

better intake more noise it changes resonance of intake

you can get ones that are quieter but more expensive as they need baffles fitted to tune out resonance

hope this helps

you can get more flow by something called blue printing intakes and oulets from head

it basically means increasing airflow again

you rework the ports of the head to get better flow this means grinding metal of intake and exhuat ports and measuring flow on a flow bench

many years ago this was done by opening ports to oem gasket

as many cars the gasket is usually bigger than port

Last edited:
It's not insurance issues, just wondering if I could get it any lower, im definately getting insurance when I pass :p so a little swaying won't make a difference

Back