Technical How the hell do you get the steering wheel off?

Currently reading:
Technical How the hell do you get the steering wheel off?

StreetRacer

I've got a 96 punto 55sx and need to get the steering wheel off as the horns stopped working, Ive checked everything right up to the steering wheel so Im guessing the problem is there.

remove the horn push and undo the nut then pull hard. you sure its not a fuse one of the ones on the drivers side of the dash, behind the little shelf thing you have to remove 2 screws then you will see lots of fuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

Open the window, tie a rope from the steering wheel to a tree, and push the Punto of a cliff :D

Only kidding. Once the steering wheel nut's off, you might find that the wheel is an absolute split-arse to get off the hub. They're often very tight and take some shifting. Either whack it hard fron behind, as near to the centre as poss, or rig up some kind of wheel puller to shift it.

------/F/I/A/T/------

Fart In A Tin
<font color="orange">1994 Punto 55SX, metallic red, small, Italian and beautiful! </font id="orange">

Thanks, I eventually got the steering wheel off, and you were right, it was a pain in the ass, but now my horn is working again, wasnt really a huge problem but the MOT is due soon and I didnt want it to fail on such a small problem, now I just gotta worry bout the oil leak :D

Back