Styling How much does it cost to fit a new bumper?

Currently reading:
Styling How much does it cost to fit a new bumper?

NeilC

Radiant Silvergun
I really like the front bumper from the Schumacher edition Stilo and was considering getting one fitted. Here's the cost breakdown from my my local Fiat dealer:

Bumper: £130

Spraying: £65+VAT
Paint/Materials: £85+VAT
Fitting (removing old bumper and fitting the new one): £104+VAT
SUB TOTAL: £254+VAT

TOTAL COST: £428.45

Ouch! :eek:

The spraying/paint costs didn't shock me but I think I'll be fitting the thing myself!

Unless spraying and paint is double the price over there than it is over here... I think they are trying to rip you off.

Try and get another qoute for the paint and work. Not a panel beater, rather try a smaller place that do small jobs rather than big jobs, as the big guys tend to over-charge on small jobs (if that makes any sense)... or ask Ben how much it cost him to redo his front bumper... or Stu how much the paint was for his bumper.

Over here they would charge you closer to £120 for the spraying, the paint and the fitment, all included.

NeilC said:
I really like the front bumper from the Schumacher edition Stilo and was considering getting one fitted. Here's the cost breakdown from my my local Fiat dealer:

Bumper: £130

Spraying: £65+VAT
Paint/Materials: £85+VAT
Fitting (removing old bumper and fitting the new one): £104+VAT
SUB TOTAL: £254+VAT

TOTAL COST: £428.45

Ouch! :eek:

The spraying/paint costs didn't shock me but I think I'll be fitting the thing myself!

Heyyyyyyyyyy! :D All you have to do is ask mate! (y)

Ben R said:
Heyyyyyyyyyy! :D All you have to do is ask mate! (y)
I thought you were having a break from taking on any more 'bookings', so to speak? :rolleyes: Besides, you're busy enough without me bothering you!

Back