General How do you store radio presets?

Currently reading:
General How do you store radio presets?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

TrevC

Established member
Ok, had my 500X lounge for a day now and am finding my way around all its functions. I can't find definitive instructions in the handbook on how to save a radio station as a preset. I can tune to the station I want, but can't see how to save it. The car is a late 2015 model, so no DAB. Not sure which version of uconnect it is, it's either a 5 or 6.5 inch screen and has Nav.
If someone can provide an idiots guide it would be appreciated by this particular idiot!

Thanks, that's helped me sort it, although the instructions leave a bit to be desired.
Mine is the 5.0 unit shown on P.76, but with a NAV button instead of the TRIP.
What confused me were the instructions in the second paragraph of P.78, which describes holding a numbered button to store the tuned station. There are no numbered buttons.
What it should say is "Select ALL PRESETS to display the 12 preset buttons, then press and hold the required preset until it displays the station the radio is tuned to."
The manual that I got with my car in the UK is totally different from the one in the link you attached (a US manual?). It only describes how to display the presets and doesn't mention storing them!

By "buttons". I think they mean touch-screen buttons, not hard buttons. If you have no presets you should find a row of numbered "buttons" across the top of the Radio screen

Ah, so you're saying that the "soft" buttons are numbered when the unit is factory fresh? That would explain it. Of course, mine being used all of the buttons had already been allocated and I wanted to change them.

Ah, so you're saying that the "soft" buttons are numbered when the unit is factory fresh? That would explain it. Of course, mine being used all of the buttons had already been allocated and I wanted to change them.
Changing them is easy, having found the station you want, just press the soft button of your choice for more than 2 seconds or until you hear the beep. It will reallocate the preset to the station of your choice

Yes, I managed to do it after reading the manual in the link Punto posted above and then playing around. It's a very simple process, just a shame the manual doesn't describe how to do it!
Thanks for your feedback, folks.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back