How do I tell what laserline alarm I have?

Currently reading:
How do I tell what laserline alarm I have?

adaze

I've got a shiny new (well 9 years young) punto mk1. Has had an after market alarm fitted. Its a laserline alarm, at least it says so on the stickers on the windows and on the back of the remote, is there any way I can tell what alarm I have, for the old insurance peeps? It has the motion sensors etc. fitted in the car too, I've had a dig around under the dash (not removed anything though) and couldn't find anything resembling an alarm.

Heres a pic of the back of the remote, I've googled the code, but doesn't find anything except the remote fob :(

PICT2104.jpg

I think that T101V2 might be the model of the alarm. If not look under your bonnet, somewhere near the top should be the alarm sounder - it'll look like a horn/loudspeaker.

The model number will be clearly stated on the back of this :)

w0w speedy reply! :eek:

I remember seeing the horn/ speaker I think, I'll have a proper look tomorrow

Cheers

Ok changed my mind, that might not be the model number - unless laserline changed them! Check on your alarm sounder tomorrow and if you still have any trouble finding it I'll have a look for you from the details off the sounder :)

Older Laserline alarms used numbers like 993/996 to identify different models.Maybe as Ozzie said might be number on siren or more likely on control unit but you'll need to look under dask for this depending if its compact or modular type.If you find it post number up as got a thatcham listing around here somewhere.....might need few days to find it though :eek:

Had a look under the bonnet and the model number was on the side of the speaker, 929 apparently. :cool:

Can't find anything about it though, nothing on the Laserline site... anywhere else I might be able to hunt it down. Nothing useful from google either

Had a look on the Thatcham site, they have a pdf u can download, couldn't find any mention of the 929 on there though. Guess that means its not approved .... :cry:

It's bound to be approved, and even if it wasn't there should be some info on it. Unelss it's a really old model that someone had taken out of their old car to put in there... Tell your insurer what model it is and get them to look it up :)

Ozzie1989 said:
Well he knows what he's talking about... Looks like you're not going to get anything off insurance mate :(
:cry:

worth a try, cheers anyway!

T14086 said:
Couldn't find 929 on the listing,from memory (so chances are i'm wrong) i think the 929 was jusdt a simple remote locking universal alarm with no thatcham properties.

Thinking about it, it has the remote locking (obviously :rolleyes: ), but also has motion detectors on both sides of the windscreen columns, it has a sunroof too and the detectors are aimed at it. Does that sound standard? I have no idea...

Back