How do i move a car without driving?

Currently reading:
How do i move a car without driving?

can i just remind you that if you get stopped by the police, you could be facing a £1000 fine for driving without tax, and seeing as copper around where you live has probably been reading this thread, i wouldnt recommend it :)

To be honest u would be mega unlucky to be stopped just for tax!!! Get ur mum to drive it and tell her to keep her tits at the ready just incase!! :D

Ross

christopher watson said:
can i just remind you that if you get stopped by the police, you could be facing a £1000 fine for driving without tax, and seeing as copper around where you live has probably been reading this thread, i wouldnt recommend it :)

bulldog5046 said:
so my mum says its alright for her to drive it back, so just dont tell me otherwise, wont be my fine if she gets one :p

according to my mother its okay aslong as you just bought the car and are taking it home, and as proof the receipt will be shown

h2ypr said:
To be honest u would be mega unlucky to be stopped just for tax!!! Get ur mum to drive it and tell her to keep her tits at the ready just incase!! :D

That has gotta be the best post you have ever made :D

bulldog5046 said:
according to my mother its okay aslong as you just bought the car and are taking it home, and as proof the receipt will be shown

No, its only ok if your driving the car to an mot station for a pre booked mot test, and thats usually only if the mot station is close by not more than 10 miles away.

its not ok at all :p
dont forget the amount of anpr there is around . . . . will flag up no insurance too which you will get stopped for, anpr isnt just on vehicles but on any camera which is activated

Providing the car is already insured in its own right - people get around this by asking the current owner very kindly if they would pretend they still own it and your mom is just borrowing it until you get it home and insured yourself :)

Phone your insurers and ask for the vehicle to be temp covered. I can insure my tipo for a tenner a week. Tax it for 12 months then claim back the other 11 - works out cheaper than if you tax for 6 months.

That ANPR is out there and working good. Got me the other week because my insurance comany had messed up.

dont drive it without tax
I would get your mother to check her policy small print as often it cant be registered in her name, or has to already be insured by someone else. As has been said insurance companys are doing this basically to stop someone buying a ferrari and mini but only insuring the mini!

Is it worth getting caught no insurance (well her) as its a £200 fine and 6 points

Jesus christ!, whata bunch of hypocrytes:mad: . Some of you people do nothing but go on about you cant do this and you cant do that because its against the law. Then in another post you go on about how fast you can go down certain rds cause you know where the dangerous bends and cameras are etc.( this is just an example).Make your mind up where you stand for gods sake and start practicing what you preach:bang: . The only person who continually sticks to his guns is Chaos(y) , at least you know where you stand with that guy!:worship:

MATT 68 said:
Jesus christ!, whata bunch of hypocrytes:mad: . Some of you people do nothing but go on about you cant do this and you cant do that because its against the law. Then in another post you go on about how fast you can go down certain rds cause you know where the dangerous bends and cameras are etc.( this is just an example).Make your mind up where you stand for gods sake and start practicing what you preach:bang: . The only person who continually sticks to his guns is Chaos(y) , at least you know where you stand with that guy!:worship:

I think you will find that the people who say they speed, are not the same people who are saying dont drive an un-taxed car.

Back